Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Ultimaker UM2 + Extended bowden tube problems

Posted · Ultimaker UM2 + Extended bowden tube problems

Hello, very good, I would like to ask if someone who has an Ultimaker S2 + or Ultimaker S2 + extended, has it happened that during a long printing the Bowden tube has come out and the impression has been damaged and what solution did you give me, thank you

I am using the Smart materials material, the normal PETG, and it has come out several times, I have changed the bowden tube and the extruder fitting (it always comes out through the extruder part) and nothing remains the same the tube continues to come out  , I have wasted 2 impressions of 19 hours, in about half my tube came out.  thanks and greetings

• gr5 changed the title to Ultimaker UM2 + Extended bowden tube problems
    Posted · Ultimaker UM2 + Extended bowden tube problems

You mean UM2+.  I'll fix your description.

Firstly note that if your bowden comes out, you don't have to buy a new one - just cut 2 to 4mm off the end and now you have fresh bowden in the collet.

Terms: Collet - the white part (collet is from "Collar").  A collet is a round clamping thing that clamps some kind of cylinder inside the collet.

Clip - the horseshoe shaped part - usually blue or red.  Or black or white.

If your bowden is slipping it's possible that the Bowden is the wrong diameter.  Not a problem if you got it from an Ultimaker seller and not a 3rd party.

More likely you need to replace the Collet.  It has 4 blades inside - like razor blades almost.  They can get damaged in many ways.