Ultimaker UM2 + Extended bowden tube problems

Criscuen

Posted · Ultimaker UM2 + Extended bowden tube problems

Hello, very good, I would like to ask if someone who has an Ultimaker S2 + or Ultimaker S2 + extended, has it happened that during a long printing the Bowden tube has come out and the impression has been damaged and what solution did you give me, thank you

I am using the Smart materials material, the normal PETG, and it has come out several times, I have changed the bowden tube and the extruder fitting (it always comes out through the extruder part) and nothing remains the same the tube continues to come out  , I have wasted 2 impressions of 19 hours, in about half my tube came out.  thanks and greetings

• gr5 changed the title to Ultimaker UM2 + Extended bowden tube problems
    Posted · Ultimaker UM2 + Extended bowden tube problems

You mean UM2+.  I'll fix your description.

Firstly note that if your bowden comes out, you don't have to buy a new one - just cut 2 to 4mm off the end and now you have fresh bowden in the collet.

Terms: Collet - the white part (collet is from "Collar").  A collet is a round clamping thing that clamps some kind of cylinder inside the collet.

Clip - the horseshoe shaped part - usually blue or red.  Or black or white.

If your bowden is slipping it's possible that the Bowden is the wrong diameter.  Not a problem if you got it from an Ultimaker seller and not a 3rd party.

More likely you need to replace the Collet.  It has 4 blades inside - like razor blades almost.  They can get damaged in many ways.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies