Sign in to follow this  
thebuckun

UM2 bed leveling

Posted · UM2 bed leveling

Hi, I saw in another topic (http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3684-um2-axis-control-software/?p=28580) that Daid said during the bed leveling procedure the fan cap is supposed to be over the clip, but my nozzle is actually hitting the clip.

(not sure if the image will come through - I'm not allowed to use that image extension on this community?)

photo

Do I have the bed too close (my leveling seems OK based on my prints), or do I need to wait for the FW update where the head will be moved back ~5mm during the leveling procedure?

As a workaround I'm just unclipping the clip when I level the bed and hoping that I'm still getting a good level.

Thanks!

Posted · UM2 bed leveling

I'm afraid it's simply a matter of waiting for a firmware update. It looks like it's only just hitting the clip so if possible I would leave as much of the clip on there as possible. I found that unclipping the clip fully causes the glass to raise up slightly and screwing up your leveling.