nick-foley

Horizontal Banding Elimination Thread

Posted · Horizontal Banding Elimination Thread

Last night, I eliminated the remaining component of my horizontal banding. It was, as Daid had suggested, coming from uneven extrusion rates due to inadequate compression of the extruder spring. I increased this by a few turns and the surface quality of the prints went up significantly. I'll do side-by-side tests with photos sometime in the next few days when I have more time.

@Nick: If you say 'remaining', what were the other ones? You reported about the vibrations in the Bowden tube and the lubricating of the z thread. Was there something else?

Hi guys !

I am updating this post cause I have encoutered same problems as described here previously.

After a careful read of all the posts and the same symptoms, I did a complete calibration of the buildplate axis, printhead axis and belt axis.

Then, software modification (acceleration decrease, maximum speed decrease...) did a slight amelioration but nothing legendary !

Finally, after checking visually during printing, the flanged bearing F688-2RS of the back panel (corresponding to X axis) are not flat onto the panel. In fact, the bearing is out of its emplacement and produce a 1 or 2 degree of movement.

So I have unmouted the flanged bearing, clean the emplacement with a screw and put back the bearing in a perfect flat alignment with the panel and TADAAAAAA, banding lines disappeared.

This can explaine why an acceleration increase reduced the lines because the "ovoid" behaviour of the shaft and pulley was then reduced.

Hope this will help !