LABISTS et4 and Cura

Ajames

Posted · LABISTS et4 and Cura

I have downloaded Cura 4.7.1 which was recommended to use with my new LABISTS et4. I have issues trying to set the printer requirements and the printer profile. It looks as though it has loaded only I the import an stl and slice. Save to the micro sd and go to print. The machine moves from home to a position far right and the print job is complete having done nothing. Is any one else having the same problems. 

F9CC791B-0890-4495-8D22-9F3D92C35FB5.png

It might have nothing to do with your printer and more to do with your model.

Before saving to a gcode file make sure you look at it in PREVIEW mode.  Near the top of the screen there is PREPARE  PREVIEW and MONITOR.  In PREVIEW mode you can slide up and down the layers to see what the print will look like.  Maybe it isn't showing that it will print anything there as well?

It could be your part is too small or walls too thin to print or maybe it isn't manifold.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have same Labists printer and had the same issue. The fix was to reformat the SD card. After doing that, the print worked fine. But this issue kept returning so I eventually bought a new SD card. I think it's a combination of the microSD card adapter I used and possibly the mircoSD card itself. Since buying and new card, I haven't had this problem since.

[gr5 - translated french to english - this part of the forum is english only]

Hello,

I just bought the Labists ET4 printer, I had a printing problem with the sd card provided by the manufacturer when I wanted to print another file than the one already installed on the card, so I bought as Cydelle suggested another sd card, and the problem was gone! YOUPI!

However, I have another problem, my print starts at the top and right of my board and part of it in the void! I therefore stopped printing and to have a correct impression I had to reposition all the way to the bottom left in CURA 4.8 to have an entire impression of my object (which in addition was not really large)! I think I have a bad printer setup in CURA but I don't know how to rectify the problem!

Thank you in advance for your help

In Cura, check your machine settings.  "Origin at Center" should NOT be checked.  The bed size and height must be entered correctly (a square is a special kind of rectangle).  In the printer itself, your Home Offsets must be correct.  Typically X and Y will be small negative numbers and Z will be 0.

Merci pour votre réponse

voici une capture d'écran de mes paramètres dans Cura

Capture.PNG

Very good.

If your home offsets are correct in the printer, then a centered print in the Cura virtual build plate should print in the center of the printer's real build plate.

At the start of a Cura gcode file there will be some dimensions.

;MINX:37.377
    ;MINY:80.504
    ;MINZ:0.2
    ;MAXX:192.628
    ;MAXY:149.496
    ;MAXZ:44.9

(MAXX + MINX) / 2= 115 and (MAXY + MINY) / 2 = 115.  My build plate is 230 x 230 and by checking those numbers I know that the print will be centered on the build plate.

Merci de votre réponse

mais je suis novice et je ne sais pas où trouver ce dont vous me parlez

Au début d'un fichier gcode Cura, il y aura des dimensions.

; MINX: 37,377
    ; MINY: 80,504
    ; MINZ: 0,2
    ; MAXX: 192,628
    ; MAXY: 149,496
    ; MAXZ: 44,9

je ne sais pas où sont ces dimensions dsl

Slice a model with Cura.  Save the Gcode file.

Open the Gcode file with any text editor (like Windows Notepad).  You will see the information like this...

;FLAVOR:Marlin
    ;TIME:18130
    ;Filament used: 22.5997m
    ;Layer height: 0.2
    ;MINX:37.377
    ;MINY:80.504
    ;MINZ:0.2
    ;MAXX:192.628
    ;MAXY:149.496
    ;MAXZ:44.9
    ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 4.8.0

ah d'accord, je vais regarder ça

et si ça ne correspond pas après calcul, comment puis-je rectifier le problème ?

je viens de tester avec un fichier 

effectivement en appliquant la méthode de calcul que vous m'avait donné je n'est pas les bon chiffres

je devrai avoir 110 et j'ai 134.1 pour l'1 et 139.82 pour l'autre

mais je corrige comment svp ?

Posted (edited) · LABISTS et4 and Cura

In Cura, there is a virtual build plate whose size is determined by those numbers you showed.

On the printer there is a real build plate.  Unfortunately, the printer doesn't know where the build plate is.  It only knows where the Homing switches are.  It is the Home Offset numbers that tell the firmware where the build plate origin is.

My build plate glass measures 235 x 235 with a 1mm beveled edge.  I move my nozzle 2.5mm in from the left edge of the glass and 2.5mm in from the front edge of the glass, and the Z at "0" and select "Set Home Offsets" on the LCD.  In Cura I have the build plate size as 230 X 230.  So you see that 2.5mm from the left + 230 "X largeur" in Cura + 2.5 on the right = 235 which is the actual width of the glass.

Edited by GregValiant

là je suis un peu perdue

mon plateau fait 220x220

dimensions que j'ai entré dans Cura

je n'ai pas "Définir les décalages d'origine" sur l'écran LCD de mon imprimante

en pièces jointes  voilà ou se trouve ma pièce sur le plateau de Cura, mais mon imprimante l'imprime tout en haut à droite et à moitié dans le vide

dans la 2ème pièce jointe voilà ou je suis obligé de placer mon objet sur le plateau de cura, pour que l'impression soit à 2/3 du haut à droite du plateau de mon imprimante

et je ne sais pas comment faire pour que mon imprimante centre mon objet sur le plateau

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

You can see in the photos that the blue/red/yellow origin mark is in the center of the build plate.  Click on your printer name.  Manage  Printers / Machine Settings and select "Origin at Center".  Close Cura and re-open it.  Go back to manage printers / machine settings and de-select "origin at center".  The "origin icon" should be in the lower left corner.  If it is not then you may have discovered a bug in Cura.

j'ai fait ce que vous m'avez dit, effectivement le L "icone d'origine" se replace dans le coin inférieur gauche

mais si je replace un fichier et que j'ouvre le Gcode du fichier, le calcul n'est plus exact pour mon imprimante 

(MAXX + MINX) / 2 = 110 et (MAXY + MINY) / 2 = 110, puisque mon plateau fait 220x220

par contre en sélectionnant "origine au centre" dans les paramètres de mon imprimante sur Cura, le calcul avec le Gcode est bon avec le même fichier !

Posted (edited) · LABISTS et4 and Cura

Throw away those old gcode files.  You will have to make new ones with origin at the left front.

If you look at the first post by AJames you will see the settings.  His photos are from the Labists website and "Origin at Center" is NOT checked.

Edited by GregValiant

oui effectivement mais je viens de refaire un essai et je n'ai plus le problème de mon objet qui était fabriqué complètement excentré, là il est imprimé bien au centre du plateau de mon imprimante, ce qui n'était absolument pas le cas avant !

Merci pour votre patience et votre aide, c'est très agréable d'avoir quelqu'un qui vous aide quand on ne comprend pas!

Bonne fin d'année et happy new year 2021

When talking about 3d printing, patience must be the first word.  

You are quite welcome and a Happy New Year to you.

hello good evening could you help me to install cura 4.8 every time I do all the steps I get a message that the G code may not be suitable with my printer labists et4 thanks

PLEASE USE ENGLISH IN THIS TOPIC!  NO ITALIAN.  NO FRENCH.

There is a french group.  And an italian group (I think).  Otherwise, in this group, please use english.  For example you can use google translate.

Thank you.  

Well, he does sound like he has a translation problem.

Did you add the printer in Cura as a custom FFF printer?  Cura may be acknowledging that it doesn't have a definition file for the printer.  The warning says "may not" not "will not".

The important thing is what does the Labists printer have to say about the Gcode.  Does it go to work or does it just sit there thinking deep thoughts?  The operating system of the printer determines the "Flavor" of the gcode that Cura generates.  As long as you have the right firmware entered in Cura, the output gcode will be the right flavor for your printer.