Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Starting to print on the left right corner

Posted · Starting to print on the left right corner

Hi, I don´t know what to do... If any can help me with this.

I have 3 proyects that came with the Ender 3 V2 that started printing on the center. But the ones that I have downloaded from Internet the all star from the nearest left corner. 

I have read that could the G-code is wrong on the printer, but then why is it printing correct on the other 3 proyects.

I have no clue to what to do next.

Can any one tell me what to do_?

Thanks

Posted · Starting to print on the left right corner

I guess the files that came with your printer are already pre-sliced, so you have a gcode file, right? These files are ready to print. When you download now an STL and slice it in Cura, then you should check if the printer/machine settings are correct for your printer. 

Posted (edited) · Starting to print on the left right corner

As Smithy says, if you are slicing these new models in Cura then the machine settings may not be correct.  In Cura - go to "Preferences / Configure Cura / Printers" then select your printer.  Next select Machine Settings.  Make sure the boxes are filled in correctly.  Your build plate (I think) should be listed at 235 x 235 and it is 250 tall.  You have a rectangular bed (a square is a special kind of rectangle) and make sure Origin at Center is NOT CHECKED.  

If you open the problem Gcode files in Windows Notepad you will see that there is a Max X, Min X, Max Y and Min Y at the start of the file.  For your printer all those should be positive numbers.  Your printer cannot make a "print move" to a negative X or negative Y location.

If you did not slice those models yourself then you must memorize Rule #6 which states "I will never ever blindly trust a gcode file that somebody else sliced.  Ever."

Edited by GregValiant