Help with the slicer tool

Sopf

Posted · Help with the slicer tool

Hello everyone,

maybe I'm to stupid to use it or I have overseen a checkpoint... I got a spiral wheel which I have sliced. The problem I have is stupid. for some odd reasons the slicer adds about 15 extra layers at the bottom between the bottom and the first blades... which leaves me with the bottom --> 15 layers of a circular shell with no blades touching the bottom. Than the printer try's to print the blades   (of course 15 layers higher than the outside shell) the blades are extruded into the air..... I have the support structure on, the infill between walls and just about everything I can think of. however the slicer does not slice the way i want it to slice. Another example: take a cylinder with a hole in the middle going through the cylinder in a cone like shape. It will print thin walls (1mm) of the cylinder even when I tell the wall thickness to be 5mm.  no support between the outside and inside wall. between layer 54 and 65 are no blades printed...... just the outer wall :C Help: Im going nuts over this

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

Hi

first of all, please make real screenshots, the photos of the bottom right corner just shows the summary how long your print will take, we cannot see the model or any other things you are talking about.

Slicing issues are 90% defects in the model itself. So I guess your STL itself has some error and therefore you get strange results when you slice the object.

Which software do you use to design the objects? 

Can you upload your STL or even better the whole Cura project?

12 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Hi

first of all, please make real screenshots, the photos of the bottom right corner just shows the summary how long your print will take, we cannot see the model or any other things you are talking about.

Slicing issues are 90% defects in the model itself. So I guess your STL itself has some error and therefore you get strange results when you slice the object.

Which software do you use to design the objects? 

Can you upload your STL or even better the whole Cura project?

I'm using cura to slice.... the project is pending

AI3M_SpiralWheel45mf.3mf

The question was which software do you use to design the model? CAD?

But anyway, I just tried to slice your object and it seems fine. But I got some errors that the model is not ok.

image.thumb.png.085700d96e63bece320f79987b299fc2.png

3 minutes ago, Smithy said:

The question was which software do you use to design the model? CAD?

But anyway, I just tried to slice your object and it seems fine. But I got some errors that the model is not ok.

image.thumb.png.085700d96e63bece320f79987b299fc2.png

which program are you using and between the top layer of the bottom and the blades is there a layer after layer connection?

i ask different...... can you send me your profile u used? cause i dont see any of that in my program

I used the latest Cura v4.7.

A profile doesn't help in your case, because it is printer specific. But when you want to test it, select the Ultimaker S5 as printer and just use the default profile. I don't use a special profile, just the default.

Which printer do you have and which printer profile do you use in Cura?

2 hours ago, Sopf said:

between the top layer of the bottom and the blades is there a layer after layer connection?

Yes I looked through the whole object and everything looks ok for me.

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Yes I looked through the whole object and everything looks ok for me.

Thank you very much. I solved the issue. Cura itself had a glitch. I deleted the entire program restarted the computer and reinstalled it. and all over sudden it worked. I guess for some reason it did not safe any changes to settings i made.....

but works like a charm again. just took a lot of my time today

I am glad it works again. Thanks for the feedback!