Pause at height home instead of position

Posted · Pause at height home instead of position

I am trying to print face plate for my flight simulator that requires using white filament as the plate itself and black for the writing, so i try using the pause at height post processing command in cura to be able to stop at the height of which the writing starts. But i am using a giant delta printer and i'd rather get it to go to home position when it pauses instead of going to a set position by the user. I have tried changing the position but it decides to go far to the top right of the bed and it has broke the belts. Is there a way to get it to go to home when paused???

Printer:

Tevo Little monster (Smoothie board that uses repetier g-code flavor)

Cheers, Tom

A real homing is not good, because you will then never be on the exact position again when you continue your print. The home switch has too much tolerance. So moving away as you like is the better solution.

As Smithy says, a homing move is not good during a print.  I've been burned by that one as the tolerance of the switches is not good and there will likely be a layer shift of up to .5mm.

The G1 codes are doing a retraction, doing a prime, and moving the head back to the re-start position.  Then the G92 E? resets the extruder so it is in sync to continue the print.  The M82 sets the extruder back to absolute extrusion mode.

"...It broke the belts".  If you have different users (students?) accessing this and they are always using the same printer then maybe the best thing is to modify the PauseAtHeight.Py file and insure that the "Park" location is within the Min and Max you would set in the plugin.

In both the "head_park_x" and "head_park_y" sections of the .Py file something like this might work.

"minimum_value": "-250",
    "minimum_value_warning": "-250",

"maximum_value": "250",
    "maximum_value_warning": "250",

You'd want real advice from a Python coder (which I am not).  They should be able to advise on making an alteration so the dialog would not accept "garbage" input for that specific printer.  It might even be preferable to have a location hard coded in so the user couldn't change it at all.  You could save the Py file as "TevoPause.Py" and only use it for that particular printer.

Ok, ive had a look at it lately, and im now trying to get the print to pause through a g code pause in the file (like what pause at height is doing). Although im using prusa slicer which lets me insert any gcode i want before a new layer starts, but i've tried to do all the pause commands i know (M25, M600 and M226), but none of them have worked, do you guys know any other pause commands??

Btw, i thought the printer used repetier firmware but apparently tevo says it uses rep rap, but it has a smoothie board, im confused

Posted (edited) · Pause at height home instead of position
    1 hour ago, Slavsquatter3000 said:

...im confused

Welcome to the world of 3D printing.

You can try M0 or M1 either of which will likely need a button click to continue.  M999 might work to continue (but might cause the position to be lost).

Prior to version 3.01 RepRap used M601 (then changed to M226) with M602 as resume.

Here are a couple of links (although it sounds like you're already been to both).

https://reprap.org/wiki/G-code

http://smoothieware.org/stopping-smoothie

Edited by GregValiant

Ok, i'll try these codes, i've also updated the firmware because apparently the firmware on my printer was 7-8 years old.

And I ive now found out that it does use smoothie gcode flavor. Thanks for the help