Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
geofftrott

Having trouble moving an Alibre STL file to CURA. Help?

Which Cura version? I think the new 13.12 beta might have a bug not loading stl files if you launch them by double clicking (windows). If you open from inside Cura it works.

The 13.12 beta tries to open the file in an already open Cura window, if there is no window open then it opens a new window. Which works on my PC...

In my case it was a scaling problem. Everything I exported in Blender was opening without issue in Cura. However, when 13.12 arrived suddenly nothing opened. Following MatEngi's comment, I tried scaling it up and then I could see it. Turns out Cura 13.12 is bringing in STL files at 1/1000 scale for some reason now?

Odd, Cura does do some "magic scaling" when it sees objects that are way too big or small. But that's only if it detects an object that is larger then 10 meter or smaller then 1mm.

Can you email me one of this "none loading" models, then I can take a look at it. (at daid303@gmail.com, I will delete the model after looking at the issue)