Model selection bug 4.8 in Mac OS Big Sur

Thalios

Posted · Model selection bug 4.8 in Mac OS Big Sur

Having a weird bug once in a while. 

I can use Cura 4.8 just fine, then when I send the print to the printer to the network via DuetRRF plug-in, sometimes it crashes when the print is done sending (after the send to printer dialog) but the print does send and goes to the printer. 

Sometimes, I get a bug where I can no longer select the model on the print area after the print sends. I need to quit Cura and start it again. 

Cura 4.8.0

Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1 final

Duet RRF version 1.0.11

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Model selection bug 4.8 in Mac OS Big Sur

Now it doesn't crash anymore, but still i cannot click anything on the build plate after sending a print. Does the same thing with a save to file as well as a send to printer via RepRap plugin. 

Edited by Thalios

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue (models no longer selectable) only mine is when I use the mesh type button on the left.  All of the other buttons do not cause the issue.  I do have a video I will try to attach.

Temp Fix...

Piggybacking off the plugin suggestions, without installing another plugin, when you encounter the unselectable model error, you can go into "Ultimaker > About Ultimaker Cura" in the menu on the mac, which opens a popup. Close it and now your model is selectable and you lose none of your edits, supports, etc.

Hope that helps. I've lost so much work in the past. Working on a model for half an hour adding supports, and then having to restart. No bueno. Hope this helps you guys! Take care.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Afrey you just made my freaking day buddy! I was going nuts!!

Hope they fix this issue soon though! :)