Ultimaker s5 pro hang at end of print

ImagineTheForce

Posted · Ultimaker s5 pro hang at end of print

My S5 pro has been printing successfully on 5.8.2 for a few weeks.  After a reboot, I started printing more from the queue in the cloud.  Prints were all created in latest cura and uploaded to cloud.  The first print kicked off automatically and then hung at the “finishing” stage for hours.  Eventually I rebooted the machine which caused it to be very confused on reboot - on reboot it thought the print was now finished yet the filament was still all the way to the print head and it wouldn’t connect back to the cloud despite having an internet connection - just sat in that state with the ready to print screen.  I started a clean print head procedure and aborted it after the print head heated - that seemed to be enough to reset it and it picked up the next print from the cloud. Any ideas on what to do to avoid this or is it a bug in firmware or cura?

Hi, 

your log files would probably give us more insight in what the cause was of this behaviour. You can find them on your Ultimaker S5 under maintenance > diagnostics > save logs to USB. If you can share those logs with us via this link  (support) our experts will be able to take a look. Thanks! 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:53 AM, ImagineTheForce said:

My S5 pro has been printing successfully on 5.8.2 for a few weeks.  After a reboot, I started printing more from the queue in the cloud.  Prints were all created in latest cura and uploaded to cloud.  The first print kicked off automatically and then hung at the “finishing” stage for hours.  Eventually I rebooted the machine which caused it to be very confused on reboot - on reboot it thought the print was now finished yet the filament was still all the way to the print head and it wouldn’t connect back to the cloud despite having an internet connection - just sat in that state with the ready to print screen.  I started a clean print head procedure and aborted it after the print head heated - that seemed to be enough to reset it and it picked up the next print from the cloud. Any ideas on what to do to avoid this or is it a bug in firmware or cura?

Could you also unload all materiaal from the printer into the Material station and then reboot the printer? See if everything starts to work normally again. I would be very interested to see if that solves your issues.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:53 AM, ImagineTheForce said:

I started a clean print head procedure and aborted it after the print head heated - that seemed to be enough to reset

Perfect recovery strategy! I think @sj3fk3 might have missed that 😄

"S5 pro" is a bit ambiguous, is it a stand alone printer or with Material station attached?