Second Layer Issue

Dimentium

Posted · Second Layer Issue
Here a complicated issue.
My printer can't print the second layer well and I'm out of ideas

The problem: When the second layer begins to print, the lines begin to be little by little away from the first to the point of not adhering correctly. From there it normally prints the rest of the layers.
I have tried changing the height from 0.2 to 0.1 and 0.3. to my surprise in 0.1 the error appears a couple of layers more than the second and In 0.3 it appears practically in the first layer.

I've tried a thousand tests and I can't fix this error
I have Marlin Nick's firmware 2.0.7 (it was already happening with my previous firmware).
And yep I have calibrated the bed point by point and have checked all possible calibration tests. (Acceleration, Linear Advance, Temperature.. etc) To the point of measuring the voltage of my stock stepper drivers.

I have tried with Cura, and Simolify3D, with practically all the profiles of the internet but in all, the same error is generated.

I am out of ideas. What else is left to prove?

I'm using a modificated Anycubic Chiron with a Dragon Hotend and BGM Extruder in Direct Drive.

Prints are fine but the second layer in 0,2 is wrong.

FB_IMG_1606422448919.jpg

FB_IMG_1606422495509.jpg

FB_IMG_1606422445518.jpg

FB_IMG_1606422480031 (1).jpg

I'm guessing your fan is cooling your nozzle too much when it first comes on.  By default the fan is off on the bottom layer and comes on for the next layer.  It could be that your nozzle recovers eventually (the PID algorithm increases power to the nozzle until things stabilize at the correct temperature despite the fan). Try leaving the fan off for a few more layers to see what happens. 

You might want to redesign your fan shroud so it doesn't blow directly onto the nozzle.

• Like 1

I'm guessing your fan is cooling your nozzle too much when it first comes on.  By default the fan is off on the bottom layer and comes on for the next layer.  It could be that your nozzle recovers eventually (the PID algorithm increases power to the nozzle until things stabilize at the correct temperature despite the fan). Try leaving the fan off for a few more layers to see what happens. 

You might want to redesign your fan shroud so it doesn't blow directly onto the nozzle.

Thanks for the reply, I will try it right now.
    And sorry for my ignorance but where should the fan point?

The idea is to cool the layer that has completed before the next layer is printed on top.  If the existing layer is too hot you get bad results (like bad overhangs for example).  If it points too much instead at the nozzle then you need to turn the fan on very slowly.  There is a feature in cura where you can have the fan come on slowly over the course of 5 layers but sometimes the first increment in fan speed causes a problem.

This might all have nothing to do with your issue.  Just a theory that fits what we see so far.

• Like 1

I just tried it and indeed the fan was playing tricks on me. I have tried to disable it and the result has improved considerably
    I'm going to find another adapter for the fan that does not touch the nozzle

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! 

• Like 1