Cannot select a Part

flyntm

Posted · Cannot select a Part

I'm running Cura 4.8 on a Mac with Big Sur Ver 11.0.1.  When I first start Cura, all is well. (Works as expected) Typically, the problem appears after I print a part and then load a new part to be printed.  I cannot select any parts.  If I close Cura and restart, I'm back to normal for a while.  It happens as described but it has happened at other times too.  Cura is not locked up because I can right click and the menu drops down.

This is annoying! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hmm, strange. I have the same versions, Cura 4.8 and macOS 11.0.1

I also tried now to remove the objects and load something else, but I can still select the model on move it around.

Will try it the next days if I get maybe the same problem when I keep running Cura for a longer time, but currently I cannot reproduce it.

But I can remember we had a similar problem in the past. Cannot remember with which version, maybe it was when 4.0 was released and it was then fixed with the next version or so. 

Do you use something special, like a 3DConnexion Cad mouse or something like that?

Just an idea with the 3DConnexion mouse. I don't think it is the reason, I have also one, but the 3DConnexion driver is still beta for Big Sur and I am not sure how deep the driver is integrated into the system.

How long does it take until it happens? Just to know how long I have to play with it 🙂 

It's not consistent, but after loading a simple model, if I repeat Rotate, Move, Slice, Monitor, Preview, Prepare it will stop allowing me to select the model after a few loops.  I did this 3 times in about 5 minutes.

Ok, I will try and play tomorrow with it, maybe I can reproduce it also on my side.

So, I have seen now the same problem on my iMac. I sliced something on Friday and didn't closed Cura. Today I tried to select the object and got exactly the same problem. When I select the object in the object list in the left bottom and then click on the object, it gets deselected. After a Cura restart everything is fine now again.

So I can reproduce it, but I guess it is hard to find the root cause for it when the failure is not permanent.

Thanks, I will post my experience there too.

Well that’s encouraging.  At least it’s not just a me problem. Thanks for your efforts in reproducing it.  

I get the same. I’m on macOS 11.0.1 and Cura 4.8. It happens frequently enough that I’ve gone back to using 4.7.1 unless I need something like the improved Arrange All Models function 

I am also having problems selecting objects. It usually happens consistently after I save the file, and I would have to restart the program to resolve it.

Cura 4.8, MacOS 11.0.1

Reproducing this error the same way. Cura 4.8 & macOS 11.0.1. This is a fresh installation, without any profiles listed and all default settings. I saved, then had to quit and restart. Clearing the build plate and reloading the same or another file does not correct the problem.

Confirming, this problem is happening to me on version 4.7.1 as well.

I have the same problem, does anyone have any solution. I'm getting to work more or less using the app in low resolution, giving less problems.

Same here, after upgrading to Cura 4.8 on a Mac with Big Sur Ver 11.1.  Related, I can select via Edit / Select All Models, or ⌘A, but then can't use some tools that require a subsequent click / select (eg, Select face to align to the buildplate just deselects).

Hi all!
    I'm not claiming this answer as my own, but found this at https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/33478-cant-select-any-objects/ :
    "I have MacOS 11.0 - Cura 4.8 - and fixed it with - Adding Cura to "Security & Privacy" - "Privacy" - "Full Disk Access""
    I'm on 11.1, / 4.8. On applying the preference change, it worked for me.
    Enjoy!
    Mikey

image.thumb.png.7edd03b478871c18dd2cf608ff10b5d3.png

• Like 1

Problem solved for me! Thanks a bunch, MarioPS! That was driving me nuts!

Full disk access helps a bit, it is much better, but I still see the problem from time to time.

I have the same problem too (cura 4.8, macbook pro Big Sur), full disk acces does not help.

When I'v done some manipulations on a model, I can't select it anymore on the build table. When I select it in the list of models it seems selected but when I try to move it par example it gets deselected immediately .

I had the same problem. Sometimes I cannot select parts and modify. Sometimes it works normal after I reset cura. 

But I realized something which are interesting, it occurs when I use my second monitor connected with HDMI. When I moved cura to mac's built in monitor from second monitor , everything works fine.  

Maybe it helps. 

Using the latest version of Cura has resolved it completely for me.  Even on the second monitor.