Cura 4.8 and Sidewinder, inexplicable temperature jumps and misprints

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.8 and Sidewinder, inexplicable temperature jumps and misprints

I have a problem, I find it interesting if other users have this too.

I have misprints with Cura 4.8 and my Sidewinder.

Above a certain height, which is always the same, the layers do not hold.

After investigating various causes, I noticed that the temperature at this point is 210° instead of 245°.

When I checked the gcode, I noticed the following lines in the gcode:
M104 S190.0 T0
M104 S210.0 T0

What can cause this, I have looked at the settings and found nothing (even with the default settings the same problem occurs)?

It would be interesting to see if other users have the same problem and where the error comes from.

For the time being I will simply delete the lines in the gcode, which is sufficient for me.
But it would be interesting to find out the cause anyway 

Many thanks and greetings

Edited by olila

Posted · Cura 4.8 and Sidewinder, inexplicable temperature jumps and misprints

Is that a dual extruder machine?  I ask because Cura doesn't usually put the tool number in M104 lines for single extruder machines.

If you would do a "Save-As" a .3mf file and post it here it might give some clues.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.8 and Sidewinder, inexplicable temperature jumps and misprints

No, it is a single extruder (artillery sidewinder x1).

I have found out that this strange behaviour only occurs when I turn on support

The following lines are the errors (it occurs twice and is not reset to the original 245°):

;[CAZD:
    M104 S190.0 T0
    ;:CAZD]

then about 6000 lines later (of course depending on the model):

;[CAZD:
    M104 S210.0 T0
    ;:CAZD]

I don't know what "CAZD" means either

I have attached the complete gcode, these are adapter pieces for the E3D Hemera Extruder, to be on the safe side I will mention the origin here:
    https://e3d-online.dozuki.com/Guide/Hemera+Artillery+(Evnovo)+Sidewinder+X1+(Up+to+V3)/118

But it also occurs on other prints at the moment, it is not dependent on the imported STL (or own OBJ) files.

As I said, if I know it now, it doesn't bother me too much, it would be great if the gcode is directly correct and doesn't need to be checked first (which I could easily automate).

Whether this is due to the profile for the printer, or to Cura itself, I can't say at all.
    But I assume that other users should have the same problem.

I just tried something when I wrote the text, the error occurs when I set PETG in Cura, but also when I set PLA (both are set to 245°, because I'm printing PETG and it has a good stability on temperature).

Thanks for the answer, it would be really interesting to find the reason for this error (if it is one).

test.gcode

Edited by olila

At the beginning of the Gcode file you will see ";POSTPROCESSED".

Next to the Cura Slice button is an icon with a crossed wrench and hammer.  Yours probably has a small red circle next to it.  Click on the icon and there will be a list of active Post Processing Plugins.  To the right of "Change At Z" (that's the CAZD) will be an X that will close the plugin.

Edited by GregValiant

Thank you very much for the quick answer!

The error will not occur after that.

With me it was 3* "Change At Z".

I missed the icon, but why does Cura think to do that?
    There is nothing in the settings that changes temperatures?

Now you get to play detective.  Cura didn't enable Change At Z all by itself.

If you search the settings for Temperature several lines will come up.  The ones you are concerned with are all under "Material".

Edited by GregValiant

I was curious if you had figured out what happened.