print with non-ultimaker material

sux4x27

Posted (edited) · print with non-ultimaker material

Hi everybody,

I wonder if there is a way to print with non-ultimaker materials. I downloaded and imported the profile for BASF Ultrafuse PET. When I select it and hit print, I get the message "requires configurarion changes" on the Monitor tab, like shown in the screenshot.

I cant select unknown on my printer. What can I do?

I will try to show my procedure:

First I choose the imported material, like in this picture

1958955306_chossematerialPET.thumb.jpg.4e377780c2cf3d0c16e1f74bdaf36ca7.jpg

then it looks like so. Obviously Cura is not happy (because orange):

Question: what can I do to make Cura accept this material?

477257348_PET-somethingwrong.thumb.jpg.09534678e502acc068155c19edef38c2.jpg

Still it looks like the new Material is selected for extruder 2:

1431238548_InkedPETisselected_LI.thumb.jpg.02dd67a983f2358522750b77f95f8349.jpg

I hit "slice" and I get this

1767014376_InkedNotsupported_LI.thumb.jpg.85f814a651257a33bc7d3173285c4864.jpg

Still it offers me to print, so I hit "print over network".

Moving to the Tab "Monitor" extruder2 now shows unknown instead of PET. Cura also wants me to choose unknown on the printer wich obviously is not possible.

153123860_InkedChooseunknown_LI.thumb.jpg.86ca94821df2b51f58fe9dc36f61bfbe.jpg

I tried hard, but cant figure out what I have to do to make this work.

Until now the only answer I ever found for this issue was to choose some material that is somewhat similar to what I have, but I cant believe that this is the only way. If that was the case, then why do material-profiles for 3rd party materials exist in the first place. I also cant believe that on a machine in this price range, dialing in exact parameters is not possible.

I would be very glad if someone from Ultimaker Support could explain step by step how material profiles (like the one I downloaded for BASF Ultrafuse PET) can be used on the printer.

Thanks for reading.

Screenshot 2020-12-07 151144.jpg

Edited by sux4x27
elaborate further on the problem

Posted · print with non-ultimaker material

We have also been getting a slight variation on this error (which I've just posted about actually), but I have found that override allows the print to go ahead with the correct settings. 

Is this the case for you?