Heated Bed Controller

savak001

Posted · Heated Bed Controller

I'm trying to construct an external heated bed controller for mu UM2. I have upgraded the hotend andit uses more current and the onboard electroncs cant handle the hotend and heated be on together.

I want to use these:

https://www.reprap.me/heatbed-temperature-controller.html

https://www.reprap.me/dlion-heating-controller-mos-module-hot-bed-power-expansion-board-for-all-3d-printer-mainboard.html

Problem is the controller uses a NTC sensor not the PT100 the heated bed uses, When all is connected I get an over temperature warning with the PT100 connected.

Is there a way round this?

Thanks in advance

Graeme

Hi @Savak001,

you should use this power supply, as I do on my UM2+ext.

This deliver 295 W and work well.

https://www.pchub.com/dell-common-item-dell-ac-adapter-20v-above-24v-123a-4p-p14v-c14-p160274

This is Dell N112H 24VDC 12.3 Amp version and have the right type of connector for an UM2

Thanks

Torgeir

Nice and elegant solution to use that more powerful adapter.

Just a note: each pin on the connector is rated up to 10A each. You are not allowed to double this capacity by operating in parallel. Safety regulations say that you also have to be within maximum ratings when 1 or more pins break down.

So, you are not allowed to combine the two pins in parallel as 1 x 20A

What you can do is 2 x 10A. That is, on your controller board you design the electronics in such a way that the bed is powered from 1 connector pin and the other circuits from the second pin.