Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Posted · Product Discontinuance

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was any information about the ongoing support for ultimaker printers wich are no more manufactured and I found this:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016908619

It allready helped me a lot but I still have some questions:

Did I understand well, regarding Ultimaker's main page only Displaying UM2+ Connect, UM S3 and UM S5, that all other printers aren't manufactured any more?

Is there any expected support deadline for UMO+, UM2+ and UM3? (Typically "We will provide support and spare parts at least until 202X")

It would help me at my work so I can make more precise plans for future purchase. (It is easierer to replace an old, "outdated" machine than tu buy a new one)

Posted · Product Discontinuance

The article you link to came from this part of the Ultimaker website, there you also find a document named 'End of Life Policy'. When I read that document, then there will be 3 more years of support and spare parts for 3 years after the date the product is announced as 'End of offering'.

For the UMO+, UM2+ and UM3 this announcement has not been made yet so you can expect minimal 3 more years of support.

When that announcement will be made isn't clear. Given that those printers have a successor model released you might expect it soonish, but I've also seen Ultimaker to continue production of a model for as long as customers were buying them.

• Thanks 1