Problem (OpenGL) with the launch of CURA 4.8

AlexLewson

Posted · Problem (OpenGL) with the launch of CURA 4.8

I can not start CURA 4.8. Writes that there is a problem with OpenGL. Demolished Cura and the video card, cleaned everything, including the registry. reinstalled. The problem remained. What can be, in which direction to look?

Снимок.JPG

Posted (edited) · Problem (OpenGL) with the launch of CURA 4.8

It is a windows/driver limitation. Windows RDP does not support OpenGL.

If you have an nVidia GPU, there's a special driver you can install that supports  OpenGL:

https://www.khronos.org/news/permalink/nvidia-provides-opengl-accelerated-remote-desktop-for-geforce-5e88fc2035e342.98417181

PS: don't "demolish" your GPU on my behalf...

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1

For anyone interested, I've been using Cura remotely for some time with VNC.

I use UltraVNC server on a laptop with Cura. It works correctly as long as I keep the lid open (if the screen is off Cura and other applications freeze over VNC).

On the other PC I use VNCViewer by RealVNC but anything should work.

20 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

It works correctly as long as I keep the lid open (if the screen is off Cura and other applications freeze over VNC).

It might be worth trying to see if a HDMI dummy works. If your laptop has a VGA port, you might also try a VGA dummy, which is easier to make yourself. Both fool the computer, making it think an external display is connected.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay in answering. Unfortunately, the logic of intent rarely coincides with the logic of circumstances.
    The video chip is built into the i5 processor. The latest driver is installed.
    I worked through RDP. Today I will finally get to the computer and look straight ahead.

wtf?   Cura works fine over RDP, SO LONG AS YOU START CURA FROM ... NOT... RDP.

It is as if some dork put a useless/foolish/unnecessary openGL check at launch.

2 hours ago, Tribble said:

It is as if some dork put a useless/foolish/unnecessary openGL check at launch.

It works a bit differently. Cura asks the system "can you please provide me with the resources to use openGL?" and the system says "NO" when running over RDP.  Cura cannot do much without those resources, but apparently when it already has them it can continue to use them.