4.8.0 shuts off cooling fan after intro line

hendo_jr

Posted · 4.8.0 shuts off cooling fan after intro line

Hey guys, every time I slice and export a file the gcode tells the printer to turn off the cooling fan. I changed the start gcode line to turn on at the beginning so it will turn on during the intro line but after that it shuts it off and I have to manually edit the code to turn it back on. I checked the print settings and the print cooling setting is on and at 100%, I also looked at the fixes for previous versions and everything is how it is supposed to be.  

Posted (edited) · 4.8.0 shuts off cooling fan after intro line

Please share all your settings for cooling... There are settings that shut-off cooling the first few layers... I never had any problems with these settings...

_cura_cooling.png.f4c26916ff2c5f004d8226a9ebd35d37.png

Edited by Mari
    • Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · 4.8.0 shuts off cooling fan after intro line

I did get it fixed. the problem was the initial fan speed had to be set to 100% and the regular fan speed at layer had to be set to layer 1.  I wasn't able to screenshot the gcode but I will update the post if I do. Thank you for the help.929553395_Cura2020-12-2011-58-07-08fail.thumb.jpg.0962eca8be660f8373d90dc2734aef7e.jpg1922803344_Curafix.thumb.jpg.88adb0e959fc08f52b10342ed1e036c0.jpg

Edited by hendo_jr

Posted · 4.8.0 shuts off cooling fan after intro line

You don't have to "screenshot" Gcode, you can attach the file to the message...

It is normal to switch off the cooling fan for the first few layers... I only change fan-speeds when printing PETG instead of PLA... But now you know where to change it 😉