Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Posted · S5 #2 on the way

Okay after a horrid horrid horrid try at using a Craftbot it is going back to the hell that spawned it and S5 #2 is winging its way to me as we speak. It is used with less then five rolls of filament passed through it, so I am not worried but just in case anyone know of a refurb service for S5 or better yet a Maint Kit for the S5 I checked MH and Dy nothing found.

I offer non-warranty repairs at our facility if that's something you need; you can check us out at fbrc8.com. 

There is no maintenance kit for the S5, but if I was putting one together, here's what I would include:
    * Nozzle seals
    * Bowden tubes
    * Collets and Clips
    * Sliding Block Set
    * Short Belts
    * Front Fan

The parts are all available and that list should pretty much cover wear and tear items, though if you've only run through five rolls of filament I wouldn't expect most of those to need replacing yet. What sort of issues are you seeing?

13 minutes ago, fbrc8-erin said:

I offer non-warranty repairs at our facility if that's something you need; you can check us out at fbrc8.com. 

There is no maintenance kit for the S5, but if I was putting one together, here's what I would include:
    * Nozzle seals
    * Bowden tubes
    * Collets and Clips
    * Sliding Block Set
    * Short Belts
    * Front Fan

The parts are all available and that list should pretty much cover wear and tear items, though if you've only run through five rolls of filament I wouldn't expect most of those to need replacing yet. What sort of issues are you seeing?

Not seeing any issues the printer is not here yet but this is a used machine which I would normally not buy but the price was too good to pass up with 190m and 230M of filament usage and saving over a grand off the new price plus it was sold with filament and extra Hot ends.

I should have enough capicorn XS to replace the tubes the rest I'll order if/when needed

Definitely always good to have spare parts on hand. In particular, make sure to check out the front fan when your new-used machine arrives. A lot of people miss cleaning the fan as part of their maintenance, so you'll want to inspect that just in case it needs it before you get started.

Drat I think something happen in shipping, the ethernet port doesn't work the USB and WIFI does. I do like to use ethernet for all of my printers, Anyone happen to know if the ethernet port is attached to the mainboard by a ribbon cable that could have come loose in shipping? I hate to take it apart if it is going to be a major repair.

The lan port does plug into the main board as a separate piece, so it could have come loose in shipping, though it's uncommon. 

2 hours ago, fbrc8-erin said:

The lan port does plug into the main board as a separate piece, so it could have come loose in shipping, though it's uncommon. 

I ordered a set of Secure Torx I'll hope for the best

There is high voltage on the underside of the printer, so I recommend reaching out to Support for safety information before opening the underside if your S5 has the safety tape and torx bits. 

HEHEH, Mine does, don't worry I'll take safety measures like I always do.

I'll wrap some stripped 14/2 around my leg and ground it to a bathtub full of saltwater, durning a thunderstorm 🙂

I'll always touch the printer with both hands 🙂

I'll never use a grounded or insulated tool 🙂

I rewired my whole house and passed inspection on the first try I think I'll be okay, but think of it this way if I blow up the printer I'll have to get a new one from you 🙂