Cura not starting to slice.

AayushBoliya

Posted (edited) · Cura not starting to slice.
5 hours ago, nallath said:

The non ultimaker profiles are not tested or created by us

Understood. However, the issue happened with every profile I tried including the built in Ultimaker ones.

Regardless, the problem seems to be related to Cura being somehow internally disconnected from its slicing engine when connected to NordVPN with split tunneling enabled.

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/9144

I'm waiting to hear why a VPN that only controls traffic to the internet will break Cura. Is Cura talking to the internet to slice?

As an aside, this also was causing my inability to log into my account via the app. I'd ALMOST get that one since it's relying on the Ultimaker portal.

If you have any insights as to why this breaks Cura, I'd like to know!

PS: I can't even get to this forum when ion VPN which is also disturbing. Cloudfront blocks my access.

Edited by KaraokeAmerica

Posted · Cura not starting to slice.
    On 1/3/2021 at 7:01 AM, AayushBoliya said:

I have the latest version of Cura. I just built a 3DP. When I import the Benchy model in Cura and set it up and click on the Blue Slicing Button on bottom right, it shows loading, but it doesn't progress. For 2 hrs straight, I waited, it didn't progress.

It shouldn't take that long. Please help.

7a0a891.jpg

You show no network connection in your systray. Check that and make sure you have allowed Cura through the Windows firewall and turn off the VPN if you are running it to see if that helps.

• 1 month later...

When I installed Cura 4.8 it sliced one time then stopped. I could not get it to slice so I uninstalled it then installed it, it sliced. After I set things up to my regular settings it stopped again. At this point I figured it may be my settings. I have had problems with retract stopping mid print so I normally just enter as many 9's as it will take and move on. I went back to my retract settings and backed out one 9 and it sliced. I put the extra 9 back in and it stopped.

At this time Cura is working fine on Windows 10 pro with this retract setting.

One my Imac I can max out the retract # with no issues.

Try unticking Enable Bridge Settings option.  I have the same symptoms with that enabled. 

Edited by rafiqp

Same issue started today after updating from 4.8 to just released 4.9.

Will not start slicing

Just to join the queue,  64bit windows 7 pc Cura 4.8 works fine. Installed 4.9 today program starts nice but doesn't start slicing any STL with any of the profile settings.
    Please help!
    Thank you!

Edited by nushipwright

I apologize but couldn't edit my post above.

After reading some more it seems this problem is not caused by Cura.
    I switched off my over zealous firewall and it solved the problem.

The firewall would prevent certain parts of Cura to communicate with each other....

I can slice everything with 4.9 now...
    Please try tuning off/disabling your firewalls temporarily to check. Then create rules in your firewall settings.

I want to thank the Cura developers for their work! Please keep it up!

There are a lot of comments about slicing problems with 4.9 on GitHub.  I'm sure the Cura team is working on the situation.

In the meantime, load a model and use "File | Save Project" and post the resultant 3mf file here.

Then go to "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\cura\4.9" you will see the Cura.log file.  Post the log file here as well.  The Cura team will need something to work with to find and fix the problem and more information is better.

I know it won't make you feel any better but I'm not having any problems on my Win10 machine so not everything is broken.  Hopefully whatever is wrong will be easy for the team to find.

Edit:  Perfect.  Hopefully all will be resolved as well.

Edited by GregValiant