Cant get a full support on .4 nozzle

SiSwipe

Posted · Cant get a full support on .4 nozzle

Hi

Ttying to get the slicer to give a support at the ends of the clip I am printing, however i cant get this to d it on a .4mm nozzle if i change settings to be a .3mm nozzle this generates.

any ideas or will I need to change he nozzle over to a .3 to get the support i need?

Ive an Ender3 frame using a BMG DD / E3d V6 with SKR mini 1.2 if this makes any difference? 

I've added the files to help and show settings ( i think) (new to this)

Any help / advice would be apreciated :)

Thanks

Si

Clip.3mf clip.stl clip.gcode

Posted · Cant get a full support on .4 nozzle

I'm away from my computer right now - no access to cura - so it would be nice to post a screen shot as well.  But basically after slicing your part, any walls need to be 0.8mm thick if line width is 0.4mm (double the line width).  You can click "print thin walls" and in your case this is probably all you need to do.

Note also that most nozzles print reasonably well at 75% nozzle width.  So 0.3mm line widht for a 0.4mm nozzle will have decent quality.  You can also buy smaller nozzles (I actually have a store that sells nozzles from 0.1mm to 2mm).

But again "print thin walls" feature on cura is probably all you need. 

Posted (edited) · Cant get a full support on .4 nozzle
    18 hours ago, gr5 said:

I'm away from my computer right now - no access to cura - so it would be nice to post a screen shot as well.  But basically after slicing your part, any walls need to be 0.8mm thick if line width is 0.4mm (double the line width).  You can click "print thin walls" and in your case this is probably all you need to do.

Note also that most nozzles print reasonably well at 75% nozzle width.  So 0.3mm line widht for a 0.4mm nozzle will have decent quality.  You can also buy smaller nozzles (I actually have a store that sells nozzles from 0.1mm to 2mm).

But again "print thin walls" feature on cura is probably all you need. 

HI Thanks, 

its not missing a wall on the model but the support at the bottom end of the part, was ging to add a pic but had t wait fr the post to be moderated 🙂 

Hae tried using the print thin lines but does not seem to help.

Just played with the minimum support area and changed from 2mm to 1mm which has worked. 

Thanks for the sugestion though

Si 

no support.png

Edited by SiSwipe
    incomplete update