crealty ender 6 Printer profile

Posted (edited) · crealty ender 6 Printer profile

Hello Everybody!

My brother in law has made a Crealty ender printer 6 profile for Mac and Windows.

We have done some test prints and it looks promising.

Please give us comments if you encounter any problems. otherwise have fun printing whit this profile!!

Crealty_ender_6_printer profile cura_resources.zip

Edited by jan141282
updated zip file
  • Like 5

Posted · crealty ender 6 Printer profile

I will give it a go. But you can add this G-code for the dual preheat (as the power supply can supply that much power). It makes printing start much faster.

https://www.chepclub.com/startend-gcode.html

Add this for windows to step 1 in the readme

Windows path is: c:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\cura\<Version>\

Ex. c:\Users\Henrik\AppData\Local\cura\4.8\

11 minutes ago, GZZ said:

Add this for windows to step 1 in the readme

Windows path is: c:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\cura\<Version>\

Ex. c:\Users\Henrik\AppData\Local\cura\4.8\

Hallo GGZ, 

I wil check the start g code and ad the file path to the readme. 

Hello GZZ,

if You use the path in the readme there is the location were you need to copy the files.
    Be aware it needs to be  a clean install.

If You change something in cura it will make new files and put them in c:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\cura\<Version>\

When I tried it the first time I also didn't do a clean install.

Wit a clean install You need to uninstal Cura and need to throw away the files under cura in the maps:

c:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\cura\

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\cura

those will stick around when you only uninstal the program.

I updated the zip File to clarify the installing process.

The modification in the start g-code for the dual preheat isn't added its easy to ad this in the printer settings if you want them. Maybe on a later time we will ad this in a separate file because we also need to test them .

Dont know if this is related to the settings in the gcode or the firmware on the Ender 6.

If I adjust all the printing to speed to be no more then 50mm/s. If I then start printing and on the display (on the ender 6) goes to adjust doing printing, then my nozzle and heatbed temperature are correct, but my print speed is always 100.

and it seems to print at 100, changing it to 50 slows it down. Any idea if its the printer or error in gcode file ?

Using firmware 1.0.4.9 (BL Touch) from january 2021.

Update: I think it shows in procentage. So 100% is the speed set in the Gcode, setting it to 200 will make it print twice as fast 50mm/s -> 100mm/s and so on. They could have added a % symbol!

Edited by GZZ

error

Edited by jan141282

8 hours ago, GZZ said:

Dont know if this is related to the settings in the gcode or the firmware on the Ender 6.

If I adjust all the printing to speed to be no more then 50mm/s. If I then start printing and on the display (on the ender 6) goes to adjust doing printing, then my nozzle and heatbed temperature are correct, but my print speed is always 100.

and it seems to print at 100, changing it to 50 slows it down. Any idea if its the printer or error in gcode file ?

Using firmware 1.0.4.9 (BL Touch) from january 2021.

Update: I think it shows in procentage. So 100% is the speed set in the Gcode, setting it to 200 will make it print twice as fast 50mm/s -> 100mm/s and so on. They could have added a % symbol!

Okay thanks for the feedback!

On 1/10/2021 at 6:13 AM, jan141282 said:

Jan141282..... what version of Cura are you using with this profile. Did you do all the mentioned tasks with copying files and doing a fresh new install using the latest Cura version or are you using an older version?

Thanks

Mike

I use Cura Ultimaker 4.8 (newest version) and the profile works fine and the printer is found under creality printers.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GZZ said:

I use Cura Ultimaker 4.8 (newest version) and the profile works fine and the printer is found under creality printers.

Great to hear.... I'm going to try this and see it works for me on my macbook pro. Curious..... Are the settings in this profile set to print at the faster speeds the Ender 6 is supposed to print at or more of a replica of the Ender 5 profile type thing? I'd like to find a working profile that uses the Ender 6 abilities to increase speed but yet maintain quality in prints. I'm willing to sacrifice of the speed for quality prints but sure would be nice to see it print a tad faster. Thanks for the quick reply and thanks to you and your family member for sharing this with us.

26 minutes ago, spanishcop said:

Great to hear.... I'm going to try this and see it works for me on my macbook pro. Curious..... Are the settings in this profile set to print at the faster speeds the Ender 6 is supposed to print at or more of a replica of the Ender 5 profile type thing? I'd like to find a working profile that uses the Ender 6 abilities to increase speed but yet maintain quality in prints. I'm willing to sacrifice of the speed for quality prints but sure would be nice to see it print a tad faster. Thanks for the quick reply and thanks to you and your family member for sharing this with us.

Its great to sea that you respond to each other that's the benefit of a community. 
    ass Gzz mentioned its based on the latest version but you can use it on any version.

it is smart to backup your setting online true the backup function of cura. if an upgrade to a newer version goes wrong you can restore the backup. and restore your printers and profiles

Edited by jan141282
    • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jan141282 said:

Its great to sea that you respond to each other that's the benefit of a community. 
    ass Gzz mentioned its based on the latest version but you can use it on any version.

it is smart to backup your setting online true the backup function of cura. if an upgrade to a newer version goes wrong you can restore the backup. and restore your printers and profiles

Glad you mentioned the backup. I'm an Simpky3d user and currently no profiles for it but will be supported in near future. I got cura 4.8 running with ender 6 and a big thank you to you guys for that.

So a couple questions on this profile....

So currently printing at.20 normal quality. Is the profile configured so that if I switch to high quality I think it's.12 that settings are already setup to work in high quality prints?

Also I was asking about speed. Is this profile setup to take advantage of the faster printing speeds?

I also noticed that when I was printing "thors hammer fridge magnet" that it printed a brim and also a raft. In Simply 3d... I could choose one or the other to not waste pla on both. I went into advance settings in cura and I see Brim selected but it is still adding a raft. Really strange. 

Thanks... Im still trying to figure Cura out after using simply3d all these years. Hopefully someone releases a profile for simply3d as prints always seem to come out better quality for me on that software.

Mike

Disregard the part about the Brim and Raft.  Apparently that was a support that it threw into the print automatically. I didn't realize supports automatically went in. I'm use to manually doing that part so that confused me fot a min until I lifted the print. Im still curious about the other 2 questions in my previous comment. 

Smaller layerheight (0.12 instead of 0.20) will give better quality print, but will take longer to print!

You decide how fast to print, default is 50-60mm/s but you can bump it up. How fast depends on what to print! Some things can better be printed slow instead of fast!

On 1/10/2021 at 6:13 AM, jan141282 said:

Hello Everybody!

My brother in law has made a Crealty ender printer 6 profile for Mac and Windows.

We have done some test prints and it looks promising.

Please give us comments if you encounter any problems. otherwise have fun printing whit this profile!!

Crealty_ender_6_printer profile cura_resources.zip 16.73 kB · 6 downloads

So a couple things to share with you Jan141282.

The Thor Hammer printed really smooth but was a simple print. I printed one in Standard Quality .20 and then a i did a Super Quality which turned out fantastic at .12. So I decided to do a 3d Print Test to see how the Ender 6 handled everything. The bed is leveled out perfect and when I was checking prints on Thors Hammer the sides were very smooth.

The bad news..... It looks like the retracting needs tweaking or something else maybe.  I'm getting a lot of stringing in my print during the 3D Print Test.  As for everything else it looks pretty smooth. Any ideas on what needs tweaked?  This is at Super Quality .12, 100% fill, no support printing at 50 speed, Nozzle 210 and Bed at 60 degrees

Pictures below.

Stringing 1.jpg

Stringing 2.jpg

Edited by spanishcop
    adding temp

Further testing and getting a response from Simplify3D has for the time being solved my issues. I'll share my findings and prints. So lets go back a bit to my earlier post. So after doing a couple prints of the thor hammer, I decided to check how my Ender 6 handled a test print which checked many things.

Jan141282.... I want to thank you guys for sharing that profile, but unfortunately it still needs more tweaking especially in the retraction area from what I'm gathering. So lets take a look at two pictures of some models I printed with my Ender 6.

Looking at the pictures below you'll see three different models

Reading them from LEFT TO RIGHT:

Far Left = Cura 4.8 provided by Ultimaker and the Ender 6 profile provided by Jan141282. (Took a good while to print).

Middle = Cura 4.2.1 provided by Creality with Creality's profile that came on SD card with my Ender 6 printer.

Far Right = Great results..... Simplify3D version 4.1.2 using a profile for an Ender 5 as suggested by Simplify3D Tech until they make one specifically for the Ender 6. (Rear Right Post broke off on the model on the right when I was removing from print bed.... that was not the printer or the software)

I've been using Simplify3D for 5 years and had great prints with their software. Now first off all, I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, I'm just letting you know what worked for me.  It would be difficult to pull settings from Simplify 3D and insert them into Cura as the wording is very different in a lot of areas and some options are just check marks and not so much numerical.

What I would suggest doing for those of you using CURA 4.8 is to find a good Ender 5 Profile that has good feedback and good success rates by other users and just load that in as a profile renaming it something else for your Ender 6.  Then see how it performs on your Ender 6. My cleanest print on the right had no settings changed. I used the Ender 5 profile that comes with Simplify3D without modifying any settings except I updated the BED SIZE to match the Ender 6 and the Start/End Scripts.

Hope this helps some of you.

Mike

Stringing 3.jpg

strinking 4.jpg

Edited by spanishcop
    • Like 1

2 hours ago, spanishcop said:

Further testing and getting a response from Simplify3D has for the time being solved my issues. I'll share my findings and prints. So lets go back a bit to my earlier post. So after doing a couple prints of the thor hammer, I decided to check how my Ender 6 handled a test print which checked many things.

Jan141282.... I want to thank you guys for sharing that profile, but unfortunately it still needs more tweaking especially in the retraction area from what I'm gathering. So lets take a look at two pictures of some models I printed with my Ender 6.

Looking at the pictures below you'll see three different models

Reading them from LEFT TO RIGHT:

Far Left = Cura 4.8 provided by Ultimaker and the Ender 6 profile provided by Jan141282. (Took a good while to print).

Middle = Cura 4.2.1 provided by Creality with Creality's profile that came on SD card with my Ender 6 printer.

Far Right = Great results..... Simplify3D version 4.1.2 using a profile for an Ender 5 as suggested by Simplify3D Tech until they make one specifically for the Ender 6. (Rear Right Post broke off on the model on the right when I was removing from print bed.... that was not the printer or the software)

I've been using Simplify3D for 5 years and had great prints with their software. Now first off all, I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, I'm just letting you know what worked for me.  It would be difficult to pull settings from Simplify 3D and insert them into Cura as the wording is very different in a lot of areas and some options are just check marks and not so much numerical.

What I would suggest doing for those of you using CURA 4.8 is to find a good Ender 5 Profile that has good feedback and good success rates by other users and just load that in as a profile renaming it something else for your Ender 6.  Then see how it performs on your Ender 6. My cleanest print on the right had no settings changed. I used the Ender 5 profile that comes with Simplify3D without modifying any settings except I updated the BED SIZE to match the Ender 6 and the Start/End Scripts.

Hope this helps some of you.

Mike

Stringing 3.jpg

strinking 4.jpg

Thanks For Your reply !
    What we have done is copied the profile from the Crealty slicer we didn't do any tweaking to the profile.

You can sea a big quality difference between cura porfile and simplefy3d  the only problem is its price 150,- dollar that is a lot of money and you get only a year of updates.

I checked the retraction settings if they are correct whit the Crealty slicer and they are.
    there needs to be a lot of tweaking to the profile.

spanishcop Please keep us posted on simplify3d !!

Edited by jan141282

3 hours ago, jan141282 said:

Thanks For Your reply !
    What we have done is copied the profile from the Crealty slicer we didn't do any tweaking to the profile.

You can sea a big quality difference between cura porfile and simplefy3d  the only problem is its price 150,- dollar that is a lot of money and you get only a year of updates.

I checked the retraction settings if they are correct whit the Crealty slicer and they are.
    there needs to be a lot of tweaking to the profile.

spanishcop Please keep us posted on simplify3d !!

Yes,most definitely it does. Even simplift3d needs tweaked a little but it's pretty close.  Keeping in mind I'm using Ender 5 settings with no tweaking on Simplified 3D. So last night I printed another 3D test using Simplify3D. Again no tweaking... This is just a comparison results for my printer in a way to find what prints best for me as is. I'm sure both are great software if they are tweaked just right for an individual printer.

Left side is using your profile with Cura 4.8 and then Simplify3d on right side with Ender 5 profile all printed on a Ender 6.

Pics below.

530C77A7-EE15-4BB5-9EC9-A4B10B97B2AA.jpeg

82911235-2256-4F48-A89C-61DC6D796D46.jpeg

944D507F-C74E-45BC-8A07-4225646C407C.jpeg

@spanishcop I played with the retraction, but I couldnt get it any better. So if anyone has any settings to try, that works better then the default, then let me know and I will try it out.

this morning I have tested whit  the ender 5 profile and this was match better.

the only thing I have changed form the default settings is the begin en end g-code and the machine dimensions.

@jan141282 Can you see any difference in the slicer settings compared to the ender 6 profile?

3 hours ago, GZZ said:

@jan141282 Can you see any difference in the slicer settings compared to the ender 6 profile?

The change i noticed is enable coasting in experimental

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.38802ec44a9c0eafb856ba567dae567e.png

in the profile from the ender 6 its on in the ender 5 its of and gives better results. almost now stringing .

Mine is already enabled and set at 90%.

Hey folks...... I'm going to share my Simplify3D Settings with you guys that I'm using with my Ender 6. I know that Cura slices things a little different than Simplify3D does but figured worth trying these settings out on CURA and see if this improves your prints. I've been printing with these settings and getting great results with printouts on Simplify3d so I hope that these settings may help some of you still have issues.

I would like to hear if these helped out with your issues. If so please update post......if this works for you guys I'll share them with other forums I'm in to help others out as well.

I did a bust of Dead pool and I'm pretty happy with it. The ender 6 is printing some very smooth sides when using high quality. I'm defintely very happy with it so far. I'm sure there could be some additional tweaking on this profile also, but we're slowly getting there.

Currently working on LED Lights setup.  The last setup I did with my old printer, many people really like them. I'll share them once project is complete on that.

Mike

deadpool print.jpg

Profile 1.jpg

Profile 2.jpg

profile 3.jpg

profile 4.jpg

profile 6.jpg

profile 7.jpg

profile 8.jpg

profile 9.jpg

profile 10.jpg

profile 11.jpg