The new "Pause at Height" script not working correctly with duet 2 wifi. Cura 4.8.

orkg

Posted · The new "Pause at Height" script not working correctly with duet 2 wifi. Cura 4.8.

I'm having trouble with the new Pause at height script in Cura. 

I like to use it to stop a print to change filaments. I typically accomplish this by using my printer's firmware to retract old filament, 

I had some initial issues with it due to me not realizing that it was going to drop out the heater, causing my printer firmware to disable the extruder which would prevent me from changing filament, I have solved that with settings. 

Now I'm stuck on this issue where the extruder goes the wrong direction when the print resumes. It retracts instead of extruding. Further manual pausing using my firmware works fine, but the extruder is going the wrong direction for the rest of the print. 

Previously Cura had a post processing script named something for like "Pause at height for reprap firmware". This always worked perfectly. It had like one setting for pause height and just worked. 

The new script has all of these options which I want nothing to do with. My printer has a pause.g and resume.g confuration file to make changes to how pausing works. 

I'm pretty sure that all I need is a script which puts an "m226" into my gcode so that my printer can initiate the pause sequence.

In my gcode there are 16 other unnecessary commands being executed by this script. When I resume, my extruder goes backwards. I don't see how I could change this in the GUI. I can see that it is setting absolute E values using m82, I use the relative extrusion setting in Cura special modes. Could that be why my extruder goes backwards?

There is lots that I don't know, any help would be appreciated. For now I guess I will just manually edit all gcode files from cura to clean up the pauses to just a single m226. 

i906XQm.png

CFFFP_Keycap.gcode

Posted · The new "Pause at Height" script not working correctly with duet 2 wifi. Cura 4.8.

What printer? and what firmware?  It looks like you added the printer as a custom FFF is that correct?  Then you may need to customize the Pause at Height.  You can open it in Notepad.

In your Cura folder  "...\Plugins\PostProcessingPlugins\Scripts" is PauseAtHeight.py.  Near the end of that file is a line: prepend_gcode += self.putValue(M = 82) + " ; switch back to absolute E values\n

If you were to change it like this:

prepend_gcode += self.putValue(M = 83) + " ; relative E values\n

I think you would get what you want as far as the extrusion mode goes.

There is also this line:

pause_command = {
                "marlin": self.putValue(M = 0),

if you were to change the 0 to 226 it would then insert what you want.

You could also use the Search and Replace plugin to change all M0's in the file to M226's.  

Whoops, my bad, I meant to write that this is for a corexy printer controlled by a duet 2 wifi. Thanks for your answer. I went through my files and replaced all of the pause command script with a singly m226. My print went great and paused perfectly. 

It's a shame that Cura has removed support for a more simplified pause for reprap firmware. I just need a single m226 inserted in my gcode. The old script worked fine so functionality is missing in this newer version of cura vs older versions. 

I'm not even going to begin to try to deal with getting the current script to work, if I replace the entire 20+ line set of commands that the script outputs with a single m226 then it works fine. 

Do you still have the older version of Cura loaded?  You could go into the new "plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts" folder and rename PauseAtHeight.py.  Then go to the old version and copy the older version of PauseAtHeight.py into the 4.8 Scripts folder.  When you restart Cura the old one should show up instead of the one you don't like.

No, I don't have it installed any longer. I will just manually edit my gcode for now, hopefully the Cura dev team can put this functionality back into the software in future releases.