Ultimaker Factory/Cloud upolad very slow (too slow!)

3Dpartzz

Posted · Ultimaker Factory/Cloud upolad very slow (too slow!)

We recently connected our S5 to Ultimaker Factory to do remote uploads. Today again it is painfully slow. You upload a file and there is no way to see anything in the factory/cloud or at the printer for about 20 minutes! I can't believe that Ultimaker cloud services are so underperforming!?

Does anybody else experience similar issues and found a solution to that?

In total we are quite disappointed by the performance of the S5 compared to our 2+ workhorses. It is in our perception not worth almost triple the cost of a 2+. Especially the cloud solution is not well implemented, starting with performance issues, down to sync issues along the marketplace/materials across several PCs. Do you share similar experiences or have tips for us how to do better?

Yes, I have three S5 and the cloud has been painfully slow on Friday and all over the weekend, I have tried rebooting them, disconnecting them from the cloud and re-adding them, just painfully slow hard to work with☹️

Generally it has worked OK up till now, here is hoping it gets sorted soon, 😕

Fortunately there is the very simple and easy backup solution of using the USB flash drive.  That's what I usually use anyway.  Once you do it a few times you realize it's quite convenient.

13 minutes ago, SandervG said:

Hi @ctbeke, do you know why Ultimaker Factory might be so slow? 

We haven't noticed any performance issues in our systems monitoring, nor can I reproduce this problem at the moment. To see what this particular issue is I'd need to have some logs from Cura and the printer and see what is happening in their cloud connections. Cura also gives an upload progress bar after clicking 'print via cloud', is that moving slowly as well?

Well, the upload usually works pretty good, no major delays. After Upload Completed it takes anything between 5 and 15min(!) until the file appears in the factory/online monitor. That's way too long.

Additionally it shows multiple copies of the uploaded file, which is quite confusing?

@SandervG yes, I usually also prefer the USB stick, it always worked flawlessly with the UM2+ (in form of a SD card) the last 7 ys. But what is the point of buying a connected S5, when neither the filament sensor (the first feature we had to switch off immediately)  nor the online/remote functions work? 

2 hours ago, 3Dpartzz said:

Well, the upload usually works pretty good, no major delays. After Upload Completed it takes anything between 5 and 15min(!) until the file appears in the factory/online monitor. That's way too long.

Additionally it shows multiple copies of the uploaded file, which is quite confusing?

@SandervG yes, I usually also prefer the USB stick, it always worked flawlessly with the UM2+ (in form of a SD card) the last 7 ys. But what is the point of buying a connected S5, when neither the filament sensor (the first feature we had to switch off immediately)  nor the online/remote functions work? 

Well, that is obviously not how it is supposed to work, and I can assure you that it is not the default behavior for many of our users. Can you upload some logs from Cura and your printer here (or send them to me in a private message) so I can maybe figure out why it is so slow for you?