Mingda Rock 3 FDM configuration seetings needed

Posted (edited) · Mingda Rock 3 FDM configuration seetings needed

Hello,

regarding the my new printer above I need configuration details as printed setting or a file.

Mingda gave me to choose "Raft", "Quality 0,2" and "Support Type everywhere".

That´ s fine, but what about start/end code, bed size and other setting may I need to do?

I´m using 4.8.0 and there is no setting "Raft"....

Some questions least:

- how can I turn a object?

- how can I find out which settings are neccessary, important regarding speed, quality and more?

The added picture is not mine and I´m not able to delete!!

Thanks in advance

MrPresident, Hannover Germany

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-30 um 13.15.41.jpg

Edited by mrpresident

Posted (edited) · Mingda Rock 3 FDM configuration seetings needed

There is a hard way and an easy way.  The "Mingda Slicer" is an older version of Cura (4.6?) and when you start it, it even shows the "There is a newer version of Cura available" popup.  I didn't try this, but you might install the Mingda Slicer and then use the popup to install Cura 4.8.  Maybe it will keep the machine definition files from the Mingda installation if you have added a Mingda printer.

Here is the hard way...

Download and install the Mingda Slicer from HERE.  You may have to change the language option (it installed in Chinese), but the machine definition files are normal Python files and can be copied and pasted from "C:\Program Files\Mingda Printer\resources\definitions" folder to "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.8\resources\definitions".  I didn't see a "Rock" listed, but there is a 3Pro.  Understand that over-writing some files (the basic machine definition files like "fdmprinter.def.json" may create issues.  I make no recommendations regarding which ones should not be over-written, and which ones should.  I will say that you can always un-install and re-install Cura.  With the Machine Definition files in the Cura 4.8 folder you should be able to install your printer (or at least a Mingda that is close enough).

You printer appears to be a clone of a basic open frame cartesian printer and the Start-Up and End gcodes appear to be the same as my Creality printer.

The easier way (easier than having to learn Chinese) is to add an Ender 3 to Cura and change the printer name.  You could then go into Manage Printers and Machine Settings and change the basic build volume size to whatever your printer is.

Your firmware is Marlin.  That's the most important setting.  Second is that the Auto-Leveling system (if you have one) is configured correctly.  If it isn't then the printer-processor can lock up at the start of a print.

Raft is an option under Build Plate Adhesion (it's within the first setting below the title bar).

Not a bad looking machine.  Good Luck.

Edited by GregValiant

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted · Mingda Rock 3 FDM configuration seetings needed

Hi Greg,

thanks for your message.

Copy the definition file does not work. Neither Mingda nor 3D or D3 are listed in the printer list.

I used to modify the Ender 3 to make it Mingda Rock 3.

Thanks in advance

Kai