Include Cura Settings as Comment in gcode File

GoremanX

Posted · Include Cura Settings as Comment in gcode File

There's a comment block at the bottom of gcode files that shows some of the settings that were used when generating that file. But many of the settings are missing, and some of them are things like "default material temperature" or "settings from profile XXX", either of which could have been modified countless times since that gcode file was generated. It's also difficult to read, being compacted and line-wrapped into a square block. Is there a way to automatically include ALL the Cura print settings as an easily readable comment in gcode files? Not just the reference it used to get a value, but the actual, computed values themselves? It would be really great if I could go back to an old gcode file that I know turned out amazing, and quickly see what settings I used for that specific file. If there's a plugin for doing that, I'd love to learn about it.

I think this is what you want HERE.

You copy and paste a bunch of lines from the log file (that you download), and paste it into your Machine Settings End-Gcode.  It's an older file and you might have to cross-reference the keywords to make sure they are all included and that none have been deprecated (they are HERE).  The plan is that when you generate a gcode file all the keywords get replaced by the actual values from the settings in Cura.  I haven't used it (too much information) but it looks like it would be laid out nice and neat without all the newline characters that are in the partial current Cura settings at the end of a file.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
    On 2/8/2021 at 5:41 AM, GregValiant said:

I think this is what you want HERE.

You copy and paste a bunch of lines from the log file (that you download), and paste it into your Machine Settings End-Gcode.  It's an older file and you might have to cross-reference the keywords to make sure they are all included and that none have been deprecated (they are HERE).  The plan is that when you generate a gcode file all the keywords get replaced by the actual values from the settings in Cura.  I haven't used it (too much information) but it looks like it would be laid out nice and neat without all the newline characters that are in the partial current Cura settings at the end of a file.

How i can insert the Material Extruder1 or Material Extruder 2 like the Filament Name, it seem like it is not icluded inside this settings

Posted (edited) · Include Cura Settings as Comment in gcode File
    2 hours ago, Quteibaaaaaaaaaaa said:

How i can insert the Material Extruder1 or Material Extruder 2 like the Filament Name, it seem like it is not icluded inside this settings

Did you check the second link in the post, the one that shows all "settings and replacement patterns"?  If it is there you should it add to your end-gcode. If you cant find that second link, here it is...

http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/Replacement_Patterns.html

Edited by Mari

33 minutes ago, Mari said:

Did you check the second link in the post, the one that shows all "settings and replacement patterns"?  If it is there you should it add to your end-gcode. If you cant find that second link, here it is...

http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/Replacement_Patterns.html

I did but i did not actually find it this is how i mean that, this settings is from the Marktplace Cura settings to HTML

but i want to have them inside my G-code. and after that i print the Settings insidide Excel 

the reason that i do not use Cura settings to HTML is, that i have to download the HTML table every time when i Upload the G-code 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hblB0gdgCTSX0tbUsvPCEmzYjWTFKZWm/view?usp=sharing

If you share something on Google-drive, make sure it is public... Now I need to ask permission...

Maybe there is a "replacement pattern" for the info you want but it is not in the list... Contact the developer of the HTML-plugin, maybe he can tell you what "replacement pattern" to put in you end-Gcode to get the info in the Gcode-file...

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, Mari said:

If you share something on Google-drive, make sure it is public... Now I need to ask permission...

Maybe there is a "replacement pattern" for the info you want but it is not in the list... Contact the developer of the HTML-plugin, maybe he can tell you what "replacement pattern" to put in you end-Gcode to get the info in the Gcode-file...

sorry, for that, i just share the HTML Table of the Settings, nothing important, ok i will get in Contact with him, thanks very Much !