Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
xander

gaps and offsets

Hi ,

I've been having problems with offsets ans gaps on my prints.

They happen in verry specific locations and mainly on the x-axis (I think)

In Cura everything looks ok if I check the "layes".

Look at the images I added for a better understanding. (in the second img I marked the gaps in red)

offsets.jpg

offsets_markes.jpg

gaps.jpg

so any ideas ?

thnx

Also the pattern on the bottom of your part has tiny holes - you have two traces touching, then a gap, then the pattern repeats. This pattern and the wall gaps (red lines in second photo) are both indicative of the same thing - loose belts. Usually the short belts but it could be long belts also. Try sliding down x and y motors in their slots (is this UM original?).

Here is an explanation as to why loose belts causes this problem:

Look at posts #7 which shows the same problem if you zoom in on the picture and how they fixed it and also #8 which explains the phenomenom.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/1872-some-calibration-photographs/?p=14396

The Z gap I'm not sure about. Could be a slicing issue. Did you look carefully in layer view at that spot?

omg super thanks. Its verry likely loose belts. I'll check them right away.

its an UM original btw

The only problem is the short belts are on the lowest/tightest point possible

and I allready have belt tensioners in the Y direction.

I'll try and add them on the x axis as well. But it seem that these are allready pretty tight.

anyways its worth trying. I'll let this topic know if it fixes the problem when I'm sure.

the z gap could be also a result of loose belt is I understand correctly. There was nothing to see in layer view

tnx

Use a saw or router bit to lengthen the slots if the short belts aren't tight. My long belts are pretty loose and it's fine. If you already have belt tighteners on the long belts then I bet the problem is with the short belts.

the z gap could be also a result of loose belt is I understand correctly. There was nothing to see in layer view

Can you post the gcode please? I want to look at it in repetier host. You can't post it on this website but maybe dropbox or some other website?