IMO+ PLA feeding issues

AL21784

Posted · IMO+ PLA feeding issues

Hi All, 

I've very recently acquired a Ultimaker Original plus printer from a friend and I'm having some issues with the PLA feeder. 

I've used a brand new sealed reel of PLA, removed the bowden tube off the feeder and it still wont feed the PLA up, I can't even feel the PLA up using the manual extrude wheel.

If I apply pressure like in the first picture, I can manually feed the PLA through the feeder, however when I release the pressure, it no longer feeds. 

The little latch that comes down, should this hold the black part where the thumb is in tight or be loose? is this a friction fit part or does that just simply stop the black roller part on the pivot from dropping down?

Could the black roller ball be warn ( picture 2) enough that it doesn't contact the PLA against the knurled roller?

In picture 3, it shows the locking latch in a horizontal position, does this fit tightly between the two upright plastic parts?

Thank you all. 

Loading_filament_for_UltimakerOriginal_Inserting_plastic_part_into_place.jpgLoading_filament_for_UltimakerOriginal_Opening_material_feeder.jpg

Loading_filament_for_UltimakerOriginal_Turning_extruder_wheel.jpg

• 4 weeks later...