my ultimaker 2+ firmware was not completely install

tanatorn

Posted (edited) · my ultimaker 2+ firmware was not completely install

while I update my ultimaker 2+ firmware the light when out and when i open it again the screen and led was not open when i connect the usb to my computer the computer was detect the usb but cula didn't  so i can't re-install my firmware and my ultimaker is still bug sorry for my English i was thai

Edited by tanatorn

Posted · my ultimaker 2+ firmware was not completely install

1) Try a different computer.  Maybe you have a friend and you can borrow a laptop?

2) Try different software.  You need the ".hex" file that is correct for your printer.  You can get them here for example:

https://github.com/TinkerGnome/Ultimaker2Marlin/releases

And various software can install the hex file such as pronterface/printrun:

http://koti.kapsi.fi/~kliment/printrun/

I have had better luck installing over USB cable using pronterface than I have using Cura.  In pronterface set the baud rate to 115200.

You can also try an older simpler cura (version 15.04) but I still have had better luck with pronterface.  Cura 15.04 (windows only):

https://gr5.org/Ultimaker_Cura-15.04.06.exe

If you do install the "tinkerMarlin" make sure you do a "FACTORY RESET" on the front of the printer - otherwise it will have strange behaviours.

my main bord show yellow led did it missing boot loader

Wrong baud rate.  Read my posts again.

Sometimes when updating an arduino style computer you have to power cycle things with the right timing.  So if fixing the baud rate isn't enough then try power cycling the printer and starting the upload right when the lights come on (a portion of a second after turning on power).

image.thumb.png.0c7e91bc20a5bf00e700cd1760fecf73.png

It doesn't work

image.png.108399706602e39dd9c133e525996c8a.png

Okay.  "can't open port".  Almost surely that means something else has it open.  Maybe there is a hidden, crashed copy of cura running.  Look for any processes that might have decided to open/claim that port.  Some program that uses serial ports like Putty or 1000 other programs that deal with serial ports.

Maybe in windows there is a way to see which process has claimed the port?  Google it?  Any copies of cura or other 3d printing software or... I don't know - I had gps software once that talked through a serial port to my gps receiver.  That would steal the COM ports as well.

Make sure only one copy of Xload is running as well.

49123.thumb.jpg.024b6230742c13373d5e9f235ec69191.jpg49122.thumb.jpg.d21364f6da04e37387748eb9b1e8a25d.jpg

it was uploading for 10 minutes but the rx on bord led didn't blink

49122.jpg

Edited by tanatorn

how can i recovery my brick um

Hi @tanatorn,

Not very often we see people from Thailand in here. 🙂

I can see that @gr5 have tried to help you here.

You have tried to use "xload" hex file loader, -but this "setup" only work for another brand of printer.

So do not use the "xload" program.

You might have had problem to upload the files, due to warning from windows, right?

As gr5 suggested, the best way is to use an old version of Cura program.

You can download directly from this site:

It is here Ultimaker store all the different versions of Cura.

Here is Cura Version 15.04.6., you just have to find the right file in here.

Sometimes, those packed version can be a little tricky to unpack/unzip.

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/tags?after=lulzbot-19.08

If you have problem with unpacking the above, you might try Cura version 2.3.1

This is an *.exe versions Cura 2.3.1., for Windows.  Here you might select 32 bit or 64 bit version.

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases/tag/2.3.1

With this program, you can also upload to the correct version, of firmware for you UM2+ printer.

Here is some pictures how to do the firmware update from Cura 2.3.1

Firmware_Update_C_231_1.thumb.jpg.ad15b44d3a51d7d16979bdd875b33ae9.jpg

After selecting the correct printer UM2+, you press "Update Firmware" and then press "Automatic update firmware".

Firmware_Update_C_231_2.thumb.jpg.407d1875a3f09477ac0a0b65c465e930.jpg

You will also see the message: "Printer Connected".

I can see in one of the picture from you, that windows is seeing your printer, so this should work.

Good luck

Thanks

Torgeir

Edited by Torgeir
    Text error
    • Like 1

Thank you very much for helping me Everyone ,I just raised Grade 7 So I brought the motherboard to an expert In Thailand to check it He said there was a problem in some of my vcc in arduino because I just bought a second hand extension week ago So I asked to return my um2+ to the shop Thank you very much.

• Like 1