Cura not slicing

bobs

Posted · Cura not slicing

When I try to place my files in Cura, it will not convert the STL files into G-code files and load them on the SD card. It worked really well until about 5 days ago. I now get this error message

I have tried loading the SD card straight from Fusion and there is no problem. I have tried everything I can think of...any suggestions??? Thanks Bob.

.1701094142_ScreenShot2021-02-07at6_59_51PM.png.c9368e6ce9eaea56e4a0becbb0db2a51.png

What printer do you have? The screenshot suggests you have added an Ultimaker S5 to Cura, but the Ultimaker S5 does not have an SD card slot (but it does have a slot for a USB drive).

Hi ahoeben,

I have a Labists ET4. I only got it about 3 weeks ago, but it worked great up until last Thursday. Any ideas on how to fix it would be really appreciated. I am getting really frustrated with it. I have contacted Cura, but no one has an answer for me. There must be some who knows what the error message means, after all someone had to write for a particular problem or it would not exist.

Thanks, Bob.1575708384_ScreenShot2021-02-07at6_59_51PM.png.4e21611be468e29210728639a0f01474.png

Posted (edited) · Cura not slicing
    4 hours ago, bobs said:

I have a Labists ET4.

When you added your printer to Cura, you told Cura you have an Ultimaker S5. The Ultimaker S5 does not use gcide files but ufp files. So one thing you have to do is add another printer to Cura and make sure you do not select the Ultimaker S5.

I am not familiar with the Labist ET4. Does is use a fullsize SD-card, or a micro SD-card? Fullsize SD-cards have a tiny "switch" on the size which can set them to read-only mode. In read-only mode, no new files can be added to the card (nor can they be removed). Check if there is such a small "switch" on the side of the SD-card. If the switch is in the wrong position, Cura will not have "permission" to write to the SD-card, which is what the message tells you. It could also be that the SD-card is just broken. Have you tried a different SD-card?

4 hours ago, bobs said:

I have contacted Cura,

Cura is not a person or a company, so you can't contact Cura. I think you mean that you submitted an issue at https://github.com/ultimaker/cura/issues ? If so, and your problem is fixed in this thread on the forum, please update your issue.

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 10:29 PM, gr5 said:

What happens if you save onto your local hard drive and then use your operating system to copy the ufp file (which contains the gcode) to the SD card?

I ask again...

• Like 1

Cura will not save a ufp file for me to save. When I try, I get another error message. Why does Cura think I have a Ultimaker printer? I only have my Labists ET4 listesd under printers.

48 minutes ago, bobs said:

Why does Cura think I have a Ultimaker printer? I only have my Labists ET4 listesd under printers.

Because you told it so. You told it you have an Ultimaker S5 and named it Labists ET4. But naming it is just a label. Cura will use settings specific for the Ultimaker S5, which are wrong for your printer.

In the Add Printer dialog, scroll down the list of printers and try finding one that is a better fit to your printer than the Ultimaker S5.

• Like 2

Hello ahoeben,

Thank you so much for resolving my problem. I asked on google what was the nearest printer to my Labist ET4 and it went to a video on YouTube where a guy was doing a report on the Labists ET4.  He commented that it looked very like a Anet ET4, so I picked that from the list of printers and installed it in Cura and it worked great.

Once again, thank you so much for your assistance.

Stay safe. Bob.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gr5 said:

I ask again...

On 2/9/2021 at 7:29 PM, gr5 said:

What happens if you save onto your local hard drive and then use your operating system to copy the ufp file (which contains the gcode) to the SD card?

8 hours ago, gr5 said:

I ask again...

Thank you gr5 for taking the time to help with my problem. I got it resolved with the help of  "ahoeben" who informed me I had installed the wrong printer. I went on Google and saw a video that said my Labists ET4 was very similar to the Anet ET4,

so I went to the printer list and downloaded it into Cura and it now works great. 

Thank you once again.

Bob.