Davinici Jr menu locked when Cura 4.8.0 is running

Posted · Davinici Jr menu locked when Cura 4.8.0 is running

Hello, i would like to know if it is possible to figure out why Ultimaker Cura is locking the menu on my Davinci JR printer when the software is open.  I would prefer to be able to press the home button so i can turn the light on and maybe reduce the amount of traffic via USB to keep it locked might help with jobs stopping midway randomly.  TIA

Posted · Davinici Jr menu locked when Cura 4.8.0 is running

It is more a question about your printer I think, because the printer locks the menu as soon something (Cura) connects via USB.

Anyway, if possible (I don't know your printer) I would highly recommend to NOT print via USB. It is old, unsupported and can have a lot of problems and errors. It is much better to print via SD card.

Posted (edited) · Davinici Jr menu locked when Cura 4.8.0 is running

I agree, i hate the USB printing (always have always will), i did notice better performance via Microsoft Print 3D, Blender and the XYWware garbage when i switched to one of my USB 3.0 ports but the menu is still immediately taken over the moment Cura is launched and only Cura, everything else sends the entire file to the printer and i can shut the computer off and the job will finish, if i shut the computer off while Cura is open the job cancels. 

also, either Cura is not sending the end job commands to move the X axis up and the bed forward at the end, this is what i have so far.

M104 S0

M140 S0

;Retract the filament

G92 E1

G1 E-1 F300

G28 X0 Y0

G1 Z100 F1200; Move gantry up 100mm

G1 Y8 F1200; Move print bed out 80mm

M84

Edited by Sonicboom247
    update