Ender 3 Max

TDDFC

Hey there,

Sorry for the post but I'm a noob to 3d printing. I was setting up Cura on my computer and noticed there was an option for the Ender 3 and Ender 3 pro but nothing for the max.

2 questions,

1 what is the best option for me to select for my printer and 2 how do I set my bed size. ( 300x300x340mm)

thank you and sorry again.

TFC

Hi @TDDFC you could add a Ender 3 pro and then edit the machine settings for the Max settings. Don't know the exact settings, but I think that will be on the internet somewhere. In the machine settings you can also change your bed size.

Please let me know if you can make it work like this and feel free to reach out if you have more questions! 

Posted (edited) · Ender 3 Max

@fvrmrI tried to do this as well but was using a regular Ender 3 and just extending the bed size.  However, the printable bed size just stays the same and the un-printable, or keep out area, only extends so I still can't print any larger.  How do I fix this?  I changed the bed size in the settings but can't find any other settings regarding this.

image.thumb.png.841665de863c9953fe5ad9223c026425.png

Edited by redoctober45
    adding name tag

The difference between Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro is that the safety areas of the Ender 3 are bigger because this printer has a glass bed with clips... nozzle must not hit the clips, therefore the bigger safety areas!

There are a few topics on this forum that explain how to change the safety/restricted areas...  When I started using Cura it had only a Ender 3 printer, not the Ender 3 Pro... later versions got the Ender 3 Pro and I could make bigger prints!

-- I'm going to try to find one of the topics regarding the safety/restricted areas and will report back...

Couldn't find one of those topics this fast, but the easiest solution is to use the Ender 3 Pro profile and change the size of the bed and height!

Another option is to edit the disallowed areas in the "creality_ender3.def.json"-file...

... I did a new search on the forum "creality_ender3.def.json"  and found this topic...

On 3/9/2020 at 12:33 AM, ChaosBlades said:

To fix the Ender 3 disallowed areas issue go to...

C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura\resources\definitions

Find...

creality_ender3.def.json

Change (In Notepad++)...

"machine_disallowed_areas": {
                "default_value": [
                  [[-117.5, 117.5], [-117.5, 108], [117.5, 108], [117.5, 117.5]],
                  [[-117.5, -108], [-117.5, -117.5], [117.5, -117.5], [117.5, -108]]
            ]},

To...

"machine_disallowed_areas": {
                "default_value": [
            ]},

Save and restart Cura.

Posted · Ender 3 Max

I am having the same issue here trying to get the max print size of my Ender 3 Max, but I tried editing the profile but I don't have the permissions? running 4.9.1

Any ideas? 🤷‍♂️

Posted · Ender 3 Max

What tool were you using to edit? If you get a NO PERMISSION message, make sure you are admin of you OS...

Posted · Ender 3 Max

I had to share all the folders with myself.  Dumb, but that's Windows.

Posted · Ender 3 Max
    On 5/25/2021 at 3:31 PM, Mari said:

What tool were you using to edit? If you get a NO PERMISSION message, make sure you are admin of you OS...

Yeah, I am the admin. I tried re-downloading them and starting again with no luck. 

Posted · Ender 3 Max
    On 5/25/2021 at 3:53 PM, GregValiant said:

I had to share all the folders with myself.  Dumb, but that's Windows.

Can you change where the source for the profiles is drawn from?