Solved: Slicing create missing "holes" in my model

Moudjoul

Posted · Solved: Slicing create missing "holes" in my model

Hello,

I don't understand why but, after slicing the 3d model, in the layer preview, some parts of the model are missing, changing the quality have "no effect, kind of", same for scaling up.
Checking a parameter named make "overhang printable" help a little bit but the model is still not perfect.1441270699_capturedebase.thumb.png.bcc831a3e3b05cea674434cc0f91caff.png1246409185_captureveste.thumb.png.027ec65eda48b12c00e75279cb78dbfb.png1906154487_capturebasedos.thumb.png.d18d92e8d4ab72edee9baf0a9ee99aee.png1351114457_capturedos.thumb.png.0270df0cf82c7f115b4b7f8f21cfaeb3.png1390986608_capturebasebouche.thumb.png.a0378e8fc9bf56fc7c4cdc1eb54d51be.png75821676_capturebouche.thumb.png.e1603a75de95e36ee3b837dbac0d2791.png

Is this your model?  If so I'd fill in the gap between the jacket and the body.  Anyway - the probelm is that the jacket is too thin in some places.  Try enabling "print thin walls" and that's probably enough.  If not then try also lowering your line width.  For example a 0.4mm nozzle can print down to about 0.3mm without losing too much quality.

Don't do the "overhang printable" thing.  That's a disaster.  Make darn sure that is turned off.  It will make major changes to your model.  Massive changes in some spots.  You might not notice right away.

Thanks for the help gr5,

I have modified my cura profil, and, that's help me, but it's creating a lot of mess...

For the fact, the model come from thingivers, if you know if it's possible to reduce that.

Modification :

0.12 quality print

0.3 wall

print thin wall enable 

1381881860_apresmodif.thumb.png.2a1916bf686810c313d2c683d2f7c426.png1356361407_apresmodif2.thumb.png.c4cc8389b991d786ff88283b7feb98a1.png

I would personally do 0.2mm layers to save time.  Thinner layers doesn't always increase quality.

So it's still not printing all of the jacket?  You can also set "horizontal expansion" to something like 0.2 or 0.5 or even 1mm.  This will deform the face a bit - it makes the whole model a little larger and the jacket a little thicker.  But I think the face will probably still look about the same?  You have to experiment.

0.3 is pretty low if you have a 0.4 or 0.5 nozzle so personally I'd probably bring that back up to 0.35 for a 0.4 nozzle and play with horizontal expansion.

Alternatively I'd pull the model into some cad software and try to fix it but that could take days if you don't know cad very well - you would have to watch youtube videos.  Maybe blender.  Or maybe some simple options in meshlab or meshmixer can improve that coat - I don't know.

Thanks you a lot gr5, i set horizontal expansion to 0.2 and it fixe everything, thanks.

• Like 1