tree support missing some area

curasurf

Posted (edited) · tree support missing some area

Hi @fvrmr   It works. I was not aware that the X/Y distance has such a big effect. Thank you!

Sorry for another question (to simplify, I changed the support type to Normal and overhang angle to 60°)

How can I remove the steps and make the support contact the model 100% at the edge?

I tried to suppress it with settings below, but the steps persist:

Support X/Y Distance = 0

Minimum Support X/Y Distance = 0

Support Stair Step Maxmum Slope Angle = 89°

Image.png

Image.png

Edited by curasurf

• 1 month later...
    Posted · tree support missing some area

I am also having problems with Tree supports not supporting everything that needs support. I am attaching the project file, a 3mf of the design, and the gcode produced, but Cura 4.8.0 crashes whenever I output the project, so I don't know if it is valid, so I am including a screenshot of my support settings as well...

There is a row of identical openings, only some of which get their top edge supported (ideally, I wouldn't want any of them to have support, the bridging of the printer is more than sufficient to handle this case, but I don't expect the support code to know that) and the angled opening on the side in the screenshots clearly requires support, but doesn't have any

Screenshot from 2021-04-06 19-32-37.png

Screenshot from 2021-04-06 19-27-56.png

my-extractor.3mf my-extractor-debug-project.3mf my-extractor-support_tree_broken.gcode

Posted · tree support missing some area

weirdly enough, it printed just fine with that 20 degree angle in the one rectangular hole. I guess my printer is tuned pretty well, at least