"an error occurred while processing this print job. Line nr = 31391."

ricciojm

Posted · "an error occurred while processing this print job. Line nr = 31391."

Hi Everyone, 

Does anyone know what "an error occurred while processing this print job. Line nr = 31391." means? 

UM3 printing PP

Best, 

John

63569860463--66E7118B-1167-4524-AEB2-98B531C3D270.jpeg

Can you post the log files please?  Just ones with the word "boot" in the filename.  Also please post the exact gcode file that generated this error - I want to check line 31391.

Did you print over network or from USB flash drive?  If from USB, please copy the file off the USB stick as it may be corrupted on that line of code but only in the gcode file that is on the USB.

Hey! 

I actually figured it out. Our power had gone out and the wifi connection got screwed up. We always just use wifi to send over prints. My colleague was using a USB but not leaving it in the printer so that error would end up happening. 

Best, 

John

HAHA yes happened a couple times. In all fairness to her, we always print over the wifi. We have had a few issues lately and I thought the printer was screwed up again. So happy it was just the flash drive situation

I received the same error with a different code: An error occurred while processing this print job. Line nr = 13145392

I'm printing from a USB and have successfully printed it before. The printer has stopped at the same location twice. I've deleted and copied the gcode to the USB again and am printing it for a third time. Hopefully this will take care of any errors in the code.

In the interem, I'd like to know if anyone know what the error means and how to avoid it because this is a 6day 2hr print and it is failing on the 5th day at the same location.

The number is not an error code, but the line number in the gcode file. A gcode file is just a text file that you can open in a (decent) text editor, and inspect that line. Unless the file is a .ufp file, in which case it has to be unzipped first.

The file seems to have gotten corrupted. This can happen if the usb drive is removed from your computer before the file has been completely written. Or it can happen if the usb drive is broken.