S-line firmware 6.2.0 is now available

Szahari

Posted (edited) · S-line firmware 6.2.0 is now available

Hi all,

We've release firmware 6.2 for the S-line printers. It's got some neat performance improvements, and as a user you can now choose which firmware release channel you want, latest, which is greatest, or stable, for updates 3-4 times a year. Check out the full release notes here:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012055979

Download it in via your favorite method, either on the printer directly or get the .swu update file here.

Thanks!

Edited by Szahari
  • Like 2

Posted · S-line firmware 6.2.0 is now available

Hi

Installed yesterday. Works, but

The Filament will be pulled back after 2-5 minutes. Every time.

I've made a "curcuit" reset, I've made a "Digital Factory"-Reset and I've made a reset of the "Factory settings". Nothing helps.

Since 5.8.0 and before 6.1.x, the wait of unloading after print works fine. Since version 6.1.x not. What do you have for an idea?

I used UM BreakAway and 3rd party material (but material from the marketplace and with this material, with Versions 5.8.x, this worked fine).

Roli

• 5 weeks later...
    On 4/3/2021 at 1:00 PM, glohr said:

I also have the pull back feature from time to time with an S3.

With what material? Is it with Ultimaker material or with other?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I have a small problem with the 6.2 on the S5 bundle.

When I manually cancel the print, the MS pulls the filament out of the print head.
    Problem is that no deprime is made. The filament pulls threads etc.
    The filament is pulled in slow steps until it reaches the feeder. This continues until the print head has cooled down.
    Looks like a bug in the task sequence when manually aborting.

Have only tried it once recently. However, the print abort was always a bit buggy in my memory.

Many greetings

• Like 1

UM ABS with engeneering propertys. On station registed without specials.

Meanwhile i have the 6.3 installed. I rarely break off the prints. But will watch this again next time.

With Ultimaker Filament it actually behaves differently.

The firmware does not make a clean deprime with the 6.3, but it is at least slightly better than with the 6.2.ums5-no-deprime.thumb.jpg.6d1b0eaf26448cf5f27721814b81a36c.jpg

On 5/12/2021 at 9:44 PM, UlrichC-DE said:

With Ultimaker Filament it actually behaves differently.

The firmware does not make a clean deprime with the 6.3, but it is at least slightly better than with the 6.2.ums5-no-deprime.thumb.jpg.6d1b0eaf26448cf5f27721814b81a36c.jpg

The deprime has been much improved in 6.4 (The Ultimaker material profiles only for now). Please give it a try, you should see much beter results. Next big release (6.5) will also have the same improvements for generic material profiles.

I have now had a chance to test the print break with the 6.4.
    It worked fine with Ultimaker filament. With other filament it is still noticeable.

Many greetings

On 6/8/2021 at 11:24 AM, UlrichC-DE said:

It worked fine with Ultimaker filament. With other filament it is still noticeable.

Many greetings

That is correct, with 6.4 we have a new "deprime" procedure for all Ultimaker Material Profiles. That ensures a nice tip shape at the end of the filament. In 6.5 (coming out in a couple of weeks) we will also roll out the same behaviour for all the generic material profiles.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, sj3fk3 said:

Please give it a try, you should see much beter results.

Many greetings

It is perhaps easier to understand this way 😆

Hello

Please check the behaviour of the Deprime with Ultimaker TPU. With me, it pulls threads with the 6.4. Unfortunately so much that the material station is disturbed.

Many greetings