PLA Warping/Weird first few layers

Posted · PLA Warping/Weird first few layers

Hey there,

For a few weeks now I'm experiencing extreme warping on the UM3E when printing certain geometry or sizes, especially on the models edges. (The model you see in the pictures is 100x100x35)

I'm also getting a weird under-extrusion/skipped second layer in nearly every print, even in prints where the edges aren't warping at all (e.g.: some cylinder ⌀30mm).

Warping currently only appears on PLA-prints, since I'm not printing "big" ABS-prints.

Actions I have taken to combat the warping (without success):

• I have tried different bed temperatures (50-60℃) and different nozzle temperatures (200-210℃).
  • I have printed with the standard Cura cooling settings and have tried to print it hotter (fan running only with 60% at certain height).
  • I have printed with the printer enclosure and without and let the automatic levelling process run before almost every print.
  • Did a full service of the printer cleaning the feeders, tightening belts and greasing the axles.
  • Flipped the glass-plate

I am printing with the current Cura-Version and my UM3E got the newest firmware.

I'm at the end of my knowledge here and don't really know what to do anymore except printing with a different kind of PLA and printing with a different Printcore.

Last possibility would be buying a new glass-plate/new Printcore, which I'm really not keen of, since I don't know if that's even the reason for my failed prints.

I really hope somebody here got a solution or maybe an Idea how I could fix my Problem. 

I'm attaching some pictures of the failed prints and my settings as a curaprofile for easier analysis.

Thank you in advance for the help.

IMG_20210303_080351.jpg

IMG_20210303_080236.jpg

IMG_20210303_080342.jpg

IMG_20210303_080149.jpg

IMG_20210303_080131.jpg

Settings_Cura_1.curaprofile

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · PLA Warping/Weird first few layers

Hi,

Have you tried several products that help eliminate the warping? I tried dimafix (a spray that you can spray directly on your plate, easy and efficient) and also adhesion films of Ultimaker (this one is trickier to use but efficient too). I printed with PC so these products should work with PLA too.