Tenlog Printer Company Not Showing in Add Printer for Cura Slicer

Posted · Tenlog Printer Company Not Showing in Add Printer for Cura Slicer

Greetings,

I just purchased the Tenlog TL-D3 Pro Dual Extrusion Printer and I want to add this printer to my Cura Slicer (version 4.8). However, I don't see this printer in the drop down list. I checked a few online and find that the Tenlog is available in the Cura Slicer (4.4 version). Are the Tenlog Printers available in the 4.8 version? Please see attached snapshots for comparison. 

CuraAddTenlog4.8Version.jpg

CuraAddTenlog4.4Version.jpg

Printer definitions are not normally removed from Cura. Given that there does not seem to be any reference to tenlog printers in the current source of Cura, I'm going out on a limb and say that they were never listed in Ultimaker Cura.

Ultimaker only maintains the profiles for Ultimaker printers. For all other printers, they rely on community members or printer manufacturers to create and submit these profiles so they can be included with Cura. But some printer manufacturers choose instead to give instructions on how to add sets of files to a Cura installation. It seems that that has happened in the case of tenlog. Where did you get the screenshot of Cura 4.4? It would be my guess that the original page it was on had instructions on how to add the profiles for tenlog printers to Cura.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem. Originally started up with Cura 4.4, which included the Tenlog. When it offered to update to 4.8, I did. Suddenly Tenlog was gone, but it came up with a message saying certain profiles were missing and offered to add them. It had to re-install the whole thing for some reason, but it worked. Only thing is that Tenlog isn't listed alphabetically, it's near the top of the list instead (god knows why).

I also found Tenlog's page for adding them to Cura (while looking into a different problem):

https://www.tenlog3d.com/cura-for-tenlog-dmp-3d-printer-push-now-just-download-and-use-no-tedious-settings_n23

Hope that helps.

• 5 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Tenlog Printer Company Not Showing in Add Printer for Cura Slicer

Greets All

Necro, but pertinent.

I bought a dl3 from tenlogs amazon store a couple months ago, been slowly getting it assembled, correctly, discovering all the partially tightened fasteners, protecting 110vwires rubbing on cut extrusion, etc.

Time has come to setup the slicer, and  I could not find the machine in the long list of the 4.9 cura I had installed to my HP  in preparation.  I found folders with instructions on the SD card that came with the machine. in there, directions to cleanly uninstall any other version of cura, taking care to manually removing the .cura folder etc.  then installing the cura 4.8, that was on the SD. that worked, offline, and I find myself here,  Odd first post, pretty specific, but, Hi everyone.

seeing that there tenlog in the dropdown,  I also found some prominent leads to a cura profile on the TL wbsite, so, I think were gonna be ok.  it runs marlin I see, 

I guess now I will try to upgrade to 4.11, and keep the profile

anyway, Its just a profile, from my extensive youtube education watching,  I should be able to find good starting points from the community, and create a profile for my machine that way,  and do it in the latest version of the slicer software, like a normal machine.

If anyone has gotten Cura/tenlogdl3pro to play well, updated drivers firmware etc   PM me,  I could use a hand

I got the version with the 2209 chips fwiw

Edited by meicalnissyen
    accuracy

This blog is really an informative blog. For me this is the best and informative blog. I got many information about  Tenlog Printer Company Not Showing in Add Printer for Cura Slicer. I am sure you will share more informative blogs like this.

Hi, thanks for reaching out to us!

This is a known issue that we're working on but haven't found a total solution for yet.

If you're having trouble adding your Tenlog printer to Cura Slicer, the best way to resolve the issue is using the following workaround:

Go to Settings>Printer>Add Printer

Select Custom, then click next

Under "Machine Settings," select FDM for Printer Type

Leave the other default options selected and click Next

Under "Machine Name," type in your printer model number (e.g. DMP-Mini 2)

Click Next and follow the prompts to finish setting up your printer in Cura Slicer. Let us know if you have any questions!

Source: https://sublimationhome.com/epson-7720-sublimation/