Release Arachne engine beta

fvrmr

Posted (edited) · Release Arachne engine beta

I like this version, it does a quality print.

But the beta, as written, has a preset that we can change.

I am looking forward to at least the next release with fixes for some of the issues we have found.

Here is an example of an error using injector movement logic.

The standard version does not allow for such errors.

Also, at the junction on the seam, perforation of the shell rupture may appear in the form of small holes, which the program has identified itself.

Make another beta with at least more advanced features and fixes.

Arachne does things better than the standard program, and more expected than the mainstream version of Cura.

Here is the problematic detail for Arachne

Aileron_LR3.zip

P1090878.JPG

Edited by rv0arm

Posted · Release Arachne engine beta
    19 hours ago, neute said:

can you elaborate on the expected timeframe for the full release?

"When it's done". I know it's not an answer one can build / plan on, but this is not the kind of thing we want to rush out half baked just because we promised a certain date.

To me, this new engine has been the single most substantial development of the last years for Cura,

I totally agree. That is also why we are taking our time with it.

• Like 3

can you elaborate on the expected timeframe for the full release?

"When it's done". I know it's not an answer one can build / plan on, but this is not the kind of thing we want to rush out half baked just because we promised a certain date.

To me, this new engine has been the single most substantial development of the last years for Cura,

I totally agree. That is also why we are taking our time with it.

• 1 month later...
    Posted (edited) · Release Arachne engine beta

Any news on the full release?

My only issue with the arachne engine is that sometimes the walls get a weird artifact like all the layers are squished! Its like when you squish the first layer too much but in all layers!!!
    Besides that I'm loving it!!! I make some plaster cutters and I never had so good results with them like using ARACHNE!!!

20210917_130535.jpg

20210917_130546.jpg

Edited by VistaPanoramica

On 9/17/2021 at 1:06 PM, VistaPanoramica said:

Any news on the full release?

My only issue with the arachne engine is that sometimes the walls get a weird artifact like all the layers are squished! Its like when you squish the first layer too much but in all layers!!!
    Besides that I'm loving it!!! I make some plaster cutters and I never had so good results with them like using ARACHNE!!!

20210917_130535.jpg

20210917_130546.jpg

Could anyone help me with this issue?
    Thanks a lot

When trying to use the new Beta Arachne, mine just pretty much locks up and becomes unresponsive.  The weird thing is that utilizing the Windows 10 resource monitor it only shows 8-10% CPU usage.  The sad thing is that the program is completely unusable as it stands.  I have a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GH (yes, somewhat old but runs intensive programs such as Solidworks just fine), 16GB RAM and a Geforce GTX 1060 3GB card.  Nothing else running other than Windows and its myriad of underlying processes.

Any thoughts on this.  Would love to try a .6mm nozzle on my Prusa.

I recall some problems that occurred with Cura and the Ryzen processors.  I would suggest moving up to Cura 5.1 as I haven't seen any reports about it conflicting with the Ryzen's.

You can look through these search results on the UM Github site and you may come across more information.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply!  I was under the impression that the Beta would allow better use of the 0.6mm nozzle.   Are those "features" now baked into Cura 5.1? 

Hey @7milesup,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉
    Yes! The Variable Linewidth can be found in all Cura versions that start with 5. 
    We've collected and processed all the feedback we collected during the Alpha and Beta periods in there. 

You can download the latest version here: https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura
    Good luck and happy printing!

@MariMakes  Awesome!   Thank you for that info!  🙂