Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Upload custom filament profile from Cura to S5+Material Station

Posted · Upload custom filament profile from Cura to S5+Material Station

Hello Dear Community :),
yesterday I spend couple of hours on running back and forth between my laptop and S5 Pro Bundle trying to upload Basf Ultrafuse PLA profile to the printer. I restarted the printer, Cura, imported/exported edited (GUID) profiles, I duplicated profiles... but no luck :/.

Today I received an email from Sander about "Ultimaker Transformation Summit" with (I am quoting):
- "How Ultimaker is becoming a platform company – a lot of great things are coming your way!",
- "How we enable ecosystem partners to innovate on the Ultimaker platform".

I would like to ask the Community: is uploading of custom filament profiles finally working for S5 Pro Bundle (or S5 with Material Station)?

What is the easiest, confirmed-that-working way to upload filament's profile and then being able to select it on S5's screen?

Thanks,

Artur.

PS: S5 firmware 6.3.0, Cura 4.8.0

I don't have a material station so I'm not sure but I think I heard that you can copy the UFP file that cura creates (after slicing save the result on your hard drive) to a USB flash drive.  Then when you insert that into the printer and choose to print that part, it should send the material profile to the material station at that moment.  I think.

I think I read this in recent release notes for either cura or firmware?

Thank you @gr5 for your input.

I would like to hear others that really have Material Station and struggle with custom (other than Ultimaker's) filaments profile(s) that are configured in Cura... but don't not want to appear on S5's touchscreen.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:08 PM, kermitas said:

What is the easiest, confirmed-that-working way to upload filament's profile and then being able to select it on S5's screen?

That would be to connect printer and PC with a direct Ethernet connection and make sure the firewall on the printer is disabled.

Any direct network connection (not through the cloud) works for that purpose.

Once you've made this connection and startup cura (with the printer on) will it automatically send over all the profiles?  Or do you have to do something in Cura first?  Maybe click some button to send the profiles - or print the project that contains the material profile?

It submits the data automatically after establishing the link and on each Cura startup.

• Thanks 1

I am connecting to the printer via local IP (via WiFi) and I didn't experience Cura uploading filament(s) profile(s) :/.

How to prepare profile correctly so I can select it at the S5's screen?

Posted (edited) · Upload custom filament profile from Cura to S5+Material Station

You have to install the profile from Market Place.

As mentioned, the transfer to the printer should happen automatically, e.g. at Cura startup. If it doesn't (and the connection logo is shown in Cura - the check inside the blue dot) your Cura configuration might be corrupt. In such a case, delete (or better rename) your configuration folder, which you find through the menu help->show configuration folder.

Edited by Dim3nsioneer