Ultimaker Cura 4.9

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.9
24 minutes ago, jotace said:

Hi. Recently upgraded to Cura 4.9 - Unable to sign-in into my Ultimaker account. Any thoughts?

Yep same issue I reported here.  What OS version are you using?

My advice is go back to 4.8  ... I did save time

too many issues with 4.9

I had the same problem no sync, and 4.9 is very slow on input new numbers in settings on my AMD Threadripper

Hello,

anyone experiencing a problem with dual extrusion onto UM3?

The material does not charged right when the printer start to print first layer with second printcore.

This is not happen with prevous versions of Cura.

When downloading any files STL , CURA 4.9  is closed without any messages.
    I have a laptop  Asus n580vd.
    Same problem with 4.9 beta
    No problem on another laptop Asus x200ma .
    Any other versions CURA work.
    It's hard for me to write in English, so I can't describe the problem in more detail.
    But I think you made a fatal mistake with video card support NVIDIA.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:18 AM, simoner said:

The material does not charged right when the printer start to print first layer with second printcore.

I can confirm that.

4 hours ago, Enigma_M4 said:

I can confirm that.

I don't know if it is that issue, but when a do a dual extrusion with Cura 4.9 (first time I try), the first layers is not printed in the "other material"

I have a UM5 pro bundle

If I make a skirt with material 1, then the 2 is not printed on first layers, if I make a skirt with material 2, it's material 1 that is not printed, the filament is seen in the bowden and the extruded is working in emptiness.

I have tried with or without dual extrusion prime tower. 

Can't edit my post

This required an uninstall and re-install to solve it' It works as expected now. But I have heard from other people with this same issue so I'm posting in hopes others can find my solution..

I'm having the same issues with extrusion as others have reported in this post. The actual nozzel that doesn't prime may vary between users. 

I originally posted under this issue under a Cura 5.9 subject (quoted wrong version but corrected in notes)

Home >Ultimaker>products >Ultimaker Software >Ultimaker Cura >Cura 5.9

On 4/24/2021 at 9:18 AM, simoner said:

Hello,

Hello, I have the same problem on my UM3 extended

With two materials, the first one is making the its prime blob before its first layer, but when the second marterial change for its first layer, it did not make its prime blob, and go directly printing but nothing goes out of the nozzle...

This happens no matter which material is the first or second, both are "working separatly" !

I've lost drag and drop files onto the build surface with 4.9, still works on 4.8.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.9

Hello to all of you... I cannot drag&drop STL files in 4.9, are there a solution for that?

Edited by 2469

3 hours ago, 2469 said:

I cannot drag&drop STL files in 4.9, are there a solution for that?

Don’t run Cura “as Administrator”

8 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

Don’t run Cura “as Administrator”

Thank You, that fixed it.

why is it really really slow to slice?

like REALLY slow

Edited by Dana
    because

image.thumb.png.7a1966165b0e3973db92adee95986d72.png

Same for me, I went back to 4.8

Edited by jwanderson

Cura 4.9 will no longer print multi material for me.  Second material doesn't extrude at printing time, purges fine.  Sliced the same model on Cura 4.8 and printed without issue.  Printing on an S5 with material station and connected to the network.  Reverting back to 4.8 for now.

Hey guys I am having an issue with Cura 4.9 when starting.

Attached an image below. Please help! 

cura 4.9 issue.PNG

On 4/21/2021 at 7:05 PM, hr3 said:

I have the same Win10-starting-problem as ozhawk and kazu_zo3.

hc_151.jpg

Starting as administrator works.

This error keeps appearing each time I reload the program, even after running CCleaner to remove registry entries, there has to be a fault in the software.

4.9 did not print from second nozzle for the first layer on my S5. Aborted ......

Excellent print on 4.8

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted here, and I've been having a great time with my Ultimaker S5. Success rate of 99%, very reliable machine.

I can fully confirm the serious issues with Cura 4.9.0 and dual extrusion, that have been reported in this thread. Whether there are two materials of the same type (say, PLA+PLA) or using support material (PLA+PVA), there are very serious problems that render the printer unusable. I spent the entire day yesterday, and several hours today, trying to find out what's causing my S5 to suddenly go crazy... I summarise my experience below:

Symptoms with first use of Cura 4.9.0 (upgraded from 4.8.0):

• Single extrusion prints (just Core 1 being used) print OK, but noticeably slower than with Cura 4.8.0.
    • Dual extrusion prints fail completely. Core 1 prints OK, but Core 2 does not extrude any material at all during printing. It loads the material fine, and extrudes it normally after loading, but it does not extrude at all during printing, resulting in failed prints 100% of the time.
    • Enabling a Prime Blob for both materials causes only the material in Core 1 to make a Prime Blob. Enabling a Prime Blob for the second material generates no Prime Blobs at all.
    • General slowness and abnormal behaviour.
    • Reported print times for the same project are longer than in Cura 4.8.0.

Initially I thought it was a clogged core issue, although I felt it was weird having a full blockage of the core when it was printing fine a month ago. I tried hot/cold pulls, inserting a needle in the nozzle opening, all sorts of stuff. Every time I tried to print with supports, Core 2 (BB) did not extrude any material at all during printing. I then thought it was the quality of my PVA (opened in December 2019, used numerous times until recently without any problems, always kept in sealed bags when not in use). Again, it felt weird that the same PVA that was printing fine a month ago, suddenly got so much damaged by moisture. So I opened a fresh spool of Ultimaker PVA. Same thing. Same behaviour, no extrusion at all. I nearly ordered a new BB core! I even tried PLA material on a second AA core (AA+AA), same problems.

I tried downgrading to Cura 4.8.0 as a last resort, not really expecting any changes. Voila! Everything went back to normal. I've just finished a dual extrusion print (PLA+PVA), which looks like it completed perfectly.

My advice to everyone with an S5, and potentially regardless of printer, is to downgrade to Cura 4.8.0 immediately, until the issues with 4.9.0 have been dealt with. I'm quite surprised that Ultimaker released such a buggy update. Haven't they done any beta testing prior to release?

Glad my printer is back up and running again!

1 hour ago, DrCeeVee said:

Haven't they done any beta testing prior to release?

There was a beta release, as used to, but obviously, the beta testing users didn't do a good job...

I guess Ultimaker is working for a bug fix with high pressure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrCeeVee said:

My advice to everyone with an S5, and potentially regardless of printer, is to downgrade to Cura 4.8.0 immediately, until the issues with 4.9.0 have been dealt with.

I echo DrCeeVee's problems on my Ultimaker S3.  I have not tried the above solution yet (going back to Cura 4.8), but my problems are the same.

I can print from only Extruder 1, or only Extruder 2 and they work perfectly.  When printing with dual extrusion it turns out that the first extruder to start printing is the one that works while second one to start does not extrude anything.  I was able to get the one not extruding to extrude by ramping the flow rate during print up to about 500-1000%, (not recommended since it takes forever to get the flow rate back down to a reasonable rate - I can see how doing this can quickly break the printer).

I'm going to go back to Cura 4.8 and report back on the results.

Update:  Switched back to Cura 4.8 and the problem is indeed resolved and I can print with two extruders again!

Thanks, @DrCeeVee, for your post on this, it saved my headache!

Bug: Outer walls are printing first

image.thumb.png.56aea181530912219ad85f6bbb660221.png

I found a work around for the time being. Adding a extra infill wall and set it to print the infill first.