CURA 4.9.0 will not install on Windows 10

admartin

Posted · CURA 4.9.0 will not install on Windows 10

I have always been able to download and install the most current versions of CURA until now. 
I downloaded 4.9.0 without any problem but when I try to install it I get the following dialog box:
image.png.36ce9ac9da613d99cdf6a3e6646843b0.png
I am the owner and sole user on this computer so I should have all necessary permissions to install and run programs.
Any and all help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Al Martin

• 1 year later...

I have the problem that If I can get into second install screen i get . Please review license terms before installing Cura 5.2.2. and if i can press i agree box it closes .?

Hey @pegasus, welcome (back?) to the Ultimaker forum. It really does not help you much if you add your problem to a two-year-old and mostly unrelated thread, without adding much detail about your problem.

It sounds like you can run the installer just fine, but Cura is crashing when you try to run it after installing it. Is that correct? In that case, we need to see the logs that Cura creates, or we don't know what is going wrong either. Here are instructions on where to find those logs: https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667337559413

Thank you. My problem is when I start the installer and accept ,goes to next screen, the screen says  Please review license terms before installing Cura 5.2.2. and if i can press I agree box the installer just closes . Win 10 BTW the ver 5.1.0 was working fine. until the file was corrupted and i tried to reload it. and the same problem existed since then. BTW went to DirectX it said no problems. 

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log  No results found.

Ah, so it is the installer that is not working. I am sorry, I cannot really help you with that. There is nothing special about the installer, it should just run. This may sound like a cop-out, but I would say there's something very wrong with your windows installation if the installer crashes like that.

What you could try is manually extracting the files from the installer, and launch Cura without installing it. Normally this should work too, but since your system cannot even run the installer I have a doubt that this works on your system.

To extract the files from the installer, first install 7-zip from here: https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Then right-click the Ultimaker Cura installer, and select 7-zip -> Extract files... Place the extracted files in a logical location (eg in a folder in your regular Program Files directory), and start Cura by opening Ultimaker-Cura.exe.