Printing only the Infill and Bottomlayer

LutzEngberg

Posted (edited) · Printing only the Infill and Bottomlayer

Hello Community,

I try to generate a Model based on 4 STL-Volums without anny Walls.

The result has to be only the innfill connected and/or a bottom layer.

The preview shows me a result without walls between the separat STL.

But the printer prints the walls.

Is there any posibillity to suppress the walls.

Regards

Lutz

Edited by LutzEngberg

Posted · Printing only the Infill and Bottomlayer

In Cura use "File | Save Project" and post the 3mf file here.  Support blockers can be configured in different ways and when set to "overlaps" you can change the wall count, infill density, whatever.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 3:59 PM, LutzEngberg said:

Hello Community,

I try to generate a Model based on 4 STL-Volums without anny Walls.

The result has to be only the innfill connected and/or a bottom layer.

The preview shows me a result without walls between the separat STL.

But the printer prints the walls.

Is there any posibillity to suppress the walls.

Regards

Lutz

CR10S4_Einlage_Startmodel_V9.3mf

That's a tough print.  When I opened it the first time, there were no walls.  I opened it again and made a couple changes to your settings and walls appeared in the over-lap areas.  I started making changes and couldn't get rid of the walls in the overlaps until I discovered that the scaling of the separate parts was different.  The main part is scaled to 70% in X Y, the two front parts are scaled to 75% X Y and the instep is 72% X Y.  I changed them so they were all scaled to 70% in the X Y and that caused the overlaps go away and so did the walls at the overlaps.  Unfortunately, I was not able to duplicate any of that.  If there are no walls in the preview there shouldn't be walls in the print.  I used Cura 4.9 and tried with 4.8.

An oddity is that when I brought the 3mf model into Cura 4.9, the printer is a Voxel with 4 extruders.  When I bring the model into Cura 4.8 it is a Ghost4 with 4 extruders, and the file name seems to indicate it's a CR10.  Either way there is no offset between the nozzles but "Extruders Share Heater" is not selected.  What printer is that?

That 3mf file doesn't want to open correctly for me.  Wrong printer.  Wrong number of extruders.  Something went on in the translation because instead of the parts having different settings the different extruders were given those settings.

I've generated a printer in Cura with 4 extruders and 1 Nozzle.

So my Printer in Cura is not a CR10S5 but a Customized printer with CR10S5 parameters.

Sorry

Second Sorry,

it is a Customized Printer on basics of a CR10S4.

I've two printers and prepared this sliced file for both printers.