Help - gaps in top layer and around outer walls

Posted (edited) · Help - gaps in top layer and around outer walls

Hey all! Hope I’m posting in the right area. Iv been dialing in my new printer and ran into an annoying issue. My e steps are calibrated and I’ve done a flow test with the hollow test cube with a single .48 wall. The flow test prints are great, I average the 4 walls and get around .5 to .51 which is close enough for me. Now when I print a normal cube as a final test I get gaps in the top infill layer and gaps between the inner and outer walls. If I bump up the flow in increments I can fix the gaps but then that defeats my flow test calibration settings and my top layer looks over extruded. Any tips ?  Printer - creality cr6se -nozzle .4 , running latest version of Cura. E193D7D4-6C9A-4B93-958E-E806B9A4ECF5.thumb.jpeg.852b0f8bfa62cc82c7ab7f4827f23faf.jpeg

Edited by frankis1776
Need to add a picture

Posted · Help - gaps in top layer and around outer walls

One other issue to note. I performed my extruder calibration using Repetier host. I measure 120mm on filament and command  feed of 100 through Repetier manual controls. Turns out perfect every time with 20mm of filament left over. Now if I do that same test, but use the controls of the printer itself it over extrudes by 5mm. ?? Am I missing something here? Double checked my eprom e steps setting and nothing has changed. I’ll post some pics later on this evening. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies