Failed to connect to network (S5)

ceab

Posted · Failed to connect to network (S5)

I recently upgraded to a new router and am struggling to get my S5 to connect to the new network.

I've plugged it in via ethernet to make sure everything is up to date, and I'm sure I'm typing in the correct password.

I've changed the router protocol from WPA2 to WPA3, no difference. It's the same every time, I setup wifi, the hotspot is created, I log into it and configure the name a region, type in the password (the network is at full strength, the printer is physically right next to the router right now), and then it closes the hotspot and switches to the connecting phase of the progress bar on the S5. 

From there it just does nothing for 20 minutes before saying "Wi-Fi connection failed" and asking me to restart. I've done this maybe 10 times now with no changes each time.

Posted (edited) · Failed to connect to network (S5)
    14 hours ago, ceab said:

I recently upgraded to a new router and am struggling to get my S5 to connect to the new network.

Because you don't mention it and the router is new:

Be aware that the printer can't connect to a wifi that works in the 5GHz band. You need to setup a wifi channel at 2.4GHz for Ultimaker printers.

In addition:

Printer is obviously a bit picky about the name of the wifi (SSID):

Edited by tinkergnome

I've removed any symbols or spaces from the name (had a _ before), and ensured it's 2.4Ghz. No change.image.thumb.png.3be557240cf97ee891c0f1497ac0c8aa.png It just sits like this for 20+ minutes.

• 8 months later...

I think this needs to be added but I am unable to find the conf file on the printer to add it. 

Connecting to Hidden Wireless Network

If your wireless router doesn’t broadcast ESSID, then you need to add the following line in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file.

scan_ssid=1

Like below:

network={
            ssid="LinuxBabe.Com Network"
            #psk="12345qwert"
            psk=68add4c5fee7dc3d0dac810f89b805d6d147c01e281f07f475a3e0195
            scan_ssid=1
    }