Issue with slicing

Mikune

Posted · Issue with slicing

Hi im still relatively new to 3D printing and am stuck with an issue.

I made a 3D model of my own Leather Stamp but when slicing some parts don't turn up. Here's a picture of what it looks like. Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers :D 

image.thumb.png.d208e3324dba85f70f6e379f67712ed2.pngimage.png.46da4eccac057e5d887bc2de7090141e.png

27 minutes ago, Mikune said:

Hi im still relatively new to 3D printing and am stuck with an issue.

I made a 3D model of my own Leather Stamp but when slicing some parts don't turn up. Here's a picture of what it looks like. Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers :D 

image.thumb.png.d208e3324dba85f70f6e379f67712ed2.pngimage.png.46da4eccac057e5d887bc2de7090141e.png

I'm also having issues with this model

image.thumb.png.cc43e1c92ae6bb359014724656f9699c.pngimage.thumb.png.05d7dfdb5aab6f816570061ca74d68d4.png

You have 2 issues.

The first issue is that the walls are too thin for your "line width".  Line width should be the same as nozzle size within a range of 75% to 150% so if your nozzle is 0.4mm you can go down to 0.3mm line width without losing much quality.  Also you can check the option "print thin lines" that will let you print even thinner walls.  You can experiment with setting nozzle width smaller and smaller until it prints those letters but if you go much below 0.3mm quality will suffer.  Alternatively you can set "horiztonal expansion" to say 1mm and those walls should print fine but the letters will be a bit harder to read and those eye walls will merge into one.  So play with those to get an understanding.

The more serious problem is that having paper thin walls for your text is not going to be able to withstand the pressures you need to stamp leather.  I have no experience stamping leather but I'd say make the height of those letters no more than 2X as high as the width.  Right now they look to be about 10X taller than wide. Maybe 3X will work - not sure the pressures involved with stamping letters. I exaggerated, a little, when I said paper thin - those look like maybe 4 sheets of paper thick.  But being so tall and thin I think they will all just snap off when you squeeze hard against leather.

I guess ideally you would have the letters on cone shaped bases such that the walls of the letters are sloped like mountain ridges instead of thin walls.

• Thanks 1