Second extruder not priming before print

squevis

Posted · Second extruder not priming before print

I am new to Cura. I am a Simplfy3D refugee. I like Cura but I am having a few issues with it. I have a dual extruder (PLA/PVA) setup. I use PVA for support material. I am printing a Benchy (with supports to check the second extruder). I enabled the option to use a priming tower. On the first layer, the slicer is not priming the second extruder at the priming tower. Consequently, almost nothing comes out when it tries to lay down the first support layer.

Any help would be appreciated.

CFFFP_3DBenchy.3mf CFFFP_3DBenchy.gcode

I am getting a message that it is hidden by my active machine (see attachment).

For build plate adhesion, I have it set up for Extruder 1 to create a skirt. I do not see a way for both extruders to participate in the skirt.

Is there away to export your settings to an easy to read format?

BlobMessage.png

Posted (edited) · Second extruder not priming before print

The prime blob is located under "build plate adhesion", but is independent of the "real" build plate adhesion setting. So you can activate the prime blob for the second extruder without interfering to the brim/skirt settings. The goal is to make extruder 2 generate a prime blob just before moving to the prime tower. It will not participate in the skirt.

So activation of the prime blob for extruder 2 should solve your problem.

Regards

Edited by Enigma_M4

On 5/14/2021 at 8:50 AM, Rharrison said:

I don't think the second blob comes out anymore as it used to cause more problems than it solved.

This was a bug in   4.9.0 and was fixed in 4.9.1