Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
robin

PCB cooling duct

Hi,

The air duct for the electronics didn't arrive with my kit. I have made do with some well directed blue tape but would like to make a proper one.

Does anyone have a design for a replacement. All the ones I have found so far are for the extrusion head.

I would prefer to print one but a laser cut is fine.

Thanks,

Robin

The missing electronics air duct shouldnt be a big problem for the steppers when they still have cooling fans on then. However, they will overheat much less if you add air to the mix. I know that on thingiverse you can find an older lasercut design of the machine, maybe you can find the cooling duct there. Or contact support, tell them that you are missing one and they will send you a replacement.

PS: Do you have a kit with the new "quality label"? The number on there can help finding the person responsible for your missing part.

PS: Do you have a kit with the new "quality label"? The number on there can help finding the person responsible for your missing part.

50 lashes for the offending person? :mrgreen:

50 lashes for the offending person? :mrgreen:

+1 :D

The rotary fan on mine was loud as hell. I replaced it with a 120mm fan, that is placed directly underneath the drivers and blowing upwards. So far, none of them blew.

I heard from Erik that the heatsinks will do the job most of the time, but as a safety precaution for hot summers/basements they added an extra fan that cools everything down to room temperatures.

Running without fan can be done, but is not adviced.