Cant add UM3 to digital factory

OwenM

Posted · Cant add UM3 to digital factory

Hi,

I'm trying to add my UM3 to digital factory but it just isnt happening. I can see the printer in cura so its on the network.

Steps I follow

Add printer

Select UM3

Put in IP

http://192.168.10.102/cloud_connect  loads and tells me "Finish your cloud connection by opening Ultimaker Cura and signing in with your Ultimaker account."

I do the above, but nothing gets added to Digital Factory. Any suggestions?  Thanks

Hi,

It's possible something went wrong during the connection flow. To help you further I need some printer logs, which you can export to USB from the printer's display and then upload here to send to me via a private message.

Some steps you can try as well:

* Has the printer been connected to the cloud in the past? Disconnect the printer via http://192.168.10.102/cloud_disconnect and then try the connection workflow again.

* Try a [Connect Reset] or [Factory Reset] via the printer's settings menu and then try the connection workflow again. This should remove any inconsistent data that could cause the connection flow not to work properly.

Chris

@ctbeke I'm having the same problem with both my UM3 and UM3E. Trying to troubleshoot the UM3 now. Did a factory reset. Connected to wifi. Will not connect to digital factory at all. 

I've attached the log files. I've also tried connecting via my phone and browser, neither work. 

UM3 log.zip

Hi @ddrsarah,

I see 2 distinct errors in the logs:

1) A faulty/weird material XML file causes the Python XML parser to crash, subsequently taking down the software that is responsible for telling the cloud what the printer is doing.

2) The printer did not receive a valid IP address from the DHCP server on the router, so a network connection could be established.

The first one should be solved by doing a factory reset, but make sure that you're not running Cura in the same network still which might send the faulty XML material file again (why it is faulty I'm not sure, probably best to check the Cura material preferences).

The second one is related to your network configuration, probably best to talk to your IT admin if you're not able to debug that.

Chris

Hi, my U3E cant connect to digital factory. It says printer is offline in digital factory after i write in the 6 PIN code. Could you please help me? I can clearly connect to the printer through the cura software, so my internet is deffinitely working on the printer.

There was a serious problem 10 days ago.  Could your issue have started then?  Basically all UM3 printers everywhere couldn't connect to digital factory at the start of this month.  The fix is to update your firmware.  Or try the workaround posted in the link below.  But safest is to just update your firmware on your printer.

Dear Gr5,

Thanks for the reply. Even after the update I still get the same results. Digital Factory says printer is offline

Please help me. Did anyone have a problem like this?

17 hours ago, rolandraka said:

Please help me. Did anyone have a problem like this?

Please share your printer's log files so we can check what happened.

log file location
    On my windows10 computer it is here: C:\Users\gr5\AppData\Roaming\cura\4.8
    On linux is here:   /home/gr5/.local/share/cura/master

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log (Windows), or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log
    $USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (OSX)
    $USER/.local/share/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (Ubuntu/Linux)

Dear moderators,

I am happy to tell you that finally i got it to work.

Thanks for the help.

Have a nice day.

48 minutes ago, rolandraka said:

Dear moderators,

I am happy to tell you that finally i got it to work.

Thanks for the help.

Have a nice day.

Great to hear! Can I ask what the issue was in the end?

On 10/13/2021 at 10:30 AM, ctbeke said:

Great to hear! Can I ask what the issue was in the end?

The printer needed just a restart I think, thankfully