Post your other Creative Things... non 3d print related ! ;-)

ian

Posted · Post your other Creative Things... non 3d print related ! ;-)

Post your other Creative Things... non 3D print related ! ;-)

I thought this might be a fun idea.

Many of the people that buy an ultimaker are very creative by nature. That means that they have been producing some sort of creative product in one form or another before ultimaker came along.

Thats why this tread is designed to let users show case some of their other creative wonders :-)

Cant wait to see what you guys get upto with a blowtorch and angle grinder ? ;-)

Ian :-)

• Replies 64
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one from me to start.

Yesterday after work. I collected the girlfriend and brought her to a pottery course. My christmas present to her.

The lady that runs the show asked if I would like to try.. HEHE..

So sat down and watched as people created amazing pots... cups.. plates and egg cups... everything.. I sat and watched and pushed and pulled my clay to the form I wanted.

The lady told me it was the first time... the girl did a pussy cat and the boy did a 1813 heavy Napolean artillery cannon with cannon balls ontop of a castle tower.... HUH ???... really I was the first ??? ;-)

pottery.jpg

A thread right up my ally :)

(sorry for showing off, and the many pictures)

a very small collection of the stuff I Made in my 20 years as a modelmaker.

A 40" diameter highly detailed Stargate with lights

dscf1896m.jpg

1:87 scale VOC ship (one of many)

dscf2551x.jpg

I make my own furniture:

Round Audio tower

TV stand

iMac stand

P1010303s%202.jpg

My own Astromechs :)

r2d2_border.jpg

r5_x2_s.jpg

Model painting of a Raptor, and home made Base

Raptor%202.jpg

Scale model of a high performance yacht

scf0237.jpg

Maquette of 3 windmils (all rotate)

scf0886.jpg

Scale model of a Yacht

yacht18.jpg

1:24 scale Blaak train station and trains for Madurodam miniature city

irm-blaak%202.jpg

I could go on :)

Give me that StarGate dammit! :D Love that show, in fact I'm up to season 8 of my X:th re-watch of SG-1 and couldn't help but start on Atlantis again.

I'm afraid I don't have much to post myself, my hands are retarded when it comes to artsy things.

Wow those are fantastic models, every one of them is so professional looking! I love this forum I get to meet so many interesting people!

Ian, you should print out your model for a human vs printer comparison :smile:. Also great idea for a thread, I know there was recently a sticky added, but I think this should also be a sticky; very inspirational.

Good time to add the thread, this weekend I'll rummage through my electronic circuit builds and post some of my favorites. Many of which are going to be brought back to the work bench to mate with printed parts, increasing the utility of what I have already made significantly.

I think this forum is really growing into an amazing fun and happy enviroment :-)

And this tread is going to be... a lot of fun ! ;-)

Have a great weekend guys !

wntx.jpg

not 100% done by me, but most of it was :p

aaaaaaand....

65483137446290012617884.jpg

yep. that's me :)

both of those are why i got into 3D printing. I really hit my limit with prop making / model making. i really like bespoke stuff, but when it comes to scratch building i have a tiny desk to work on, and taht's about it

first question... 0235 is a beautiful name.. really !!

But whats your real name ... 0235 ?? or atleast first name... Much nicer to have a real name behind the mask!

Secondly... love the aircraft model... what type of aircraft is that anyway ?

Also... the full body costume... GAGA... good !!!!

my real name is Richard, 0235 is just my online name, used everywhere, email, MMO's, everything. i think it was my first ever log in at school, and stuck with it ever since.

as for the plane, its a de Havilland Chipmunk, UK air cadet trainer aircraft. that photo was actually taken very early in the morning, as the sun was rising on an all nigh model making session i pulled to get it completed for a competition the next day. cant really see it from taht angle, but the guy walking towards the aircraft has his parachute caught i nhis chair ,and everyone is supposed to be getting all panicked etc.

also notice the armour is Spartan 235, but carved a little "0" in front of it :)

Beautiful work Richard.

Nice to know you !

Super nice models guys, especially Xeno!

My other creative thing is making music! ;) Nothing physical, but you can check it here:

" data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" data-embedid="2390754802e3b6cf3345e74648449406" allowfullscreen="">" data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" data-embedId='a9a96fc111e299068671e60cf852f410' allowfullscreen=''> https://soundcloud.com/bas-de-bijl

Xeno

A thread right up my ally :)

(sorry for showing off, and the many pictures)

a very small collection of the stuff I Made in my 20 years as a modelmaker.

Awesome VOC ship! That has some crazy detailing. How long did that particular one take you?

I have also a bit of a graphical background, as http://sandervangeelen.nl/

Now I am going to learn the tools of 3D modelling and hopefully convert my ideas for (mainly) character design into 3D models.

This VOC ship was 1 of several, all part of a huge Maquette, celebrating the 400 years of the VOC,

average time for 1 ship was about a month to build, we worked with a group of people.

a7d52c8473f9b1ab99b228688cf71fd102b64355.jpg

e7da7435ad5df2336163a6239d8efd3af72cd386.jpg

Painting was done with oil paints to simulate the wood, en tiny brushed to paint the cityscape and details on the back of the ship.

amstelant.jpg

scf2311.jpg

scf2518x.jpg

7D69D2369E5DCEEAAC0AF69F11567692-reede-van-texel-maquette.jpg

thats just OH MY GOD OVERLOAD... :-)

I have also a bit of a graphical background, as illustrator

Now I am going to learn the tools of 3D modelling and hopefully convert my ideas for (mainly) character design into 3D models.

love the portfolio site Sander.. I hope you dont mind me complimenting you ;-)... but your illustration skills are seriously amazing... really like your style !

Please put yourself down infront of a computer and get those creative thought into the 3D world !!!! :-)

' I hope you don't mind me complimenting you :wink:'

Give me 1 reason why I would? ^_^

On another note: Thanks!

Well, this actually is 3D print related... My Halloween costume for 2012. I sculpted the design over a scan of my face, had the mold printed at shapeways, then poured gel 10 silicone into it...

400284 10151088708056814 1409610127 N

406949 10151095823921814 443125475 N

Awesome! get into ZBrush.

I have also a bit of a graphical background, as illustrator

i just found this other free option... also looks good... going to give this a try at the weekend and see what happens ;-)

http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

I did a 3 hour pottery session with my girlfriend last night.

She created a cool big coffee cup with a alegator as handle.. really cool and I made 4 shot glasses....

I forgot to take a photo of my girlfriends creation but snapped the shot glasses quickly..

I wanted something different so i created a flat square base.. then two flat square sides left and right of the base.. then between those two walls hung a bending one piece section from top corner down and back upto right corner...

kinda hard to explain... might do a quick 3d model to show later.

pottey.jpg

I just been throwing a quick website together.

http://www.paul-braddock.com/

Well, this is a fun topic! There's some really great stuff here!

This was a job back in 2011:

czjLRzMl.jpg

And this was a personal project:

yYkUQE8l.jpg

I set out to make a model of the famous Coconut chair, but with perfect topology. And it was a tough cookie, but there's not a single triangle on this model, only quads.

And that's basically what I do - 3d. :D (There's a load of other stuff too, but kinda boring...)

A long long time ago... before I ever I was beguiled by 3D printing, I fancied myself something of a photographer...

and

The first was a selection of photos taken on the first of three road trips with my best friend from University in the course of which we drove Route 66 - the first trip started in Arizona, and went west to LA. We did the middle section from Arizona to Oklahoma a couple of years later, and finished up with the Oklahoma to Chicago section last year.

The second batch is photos from a beautiful shallow lake in northwestern Tennessee - a couple of hours drive from my home. Reelfoot Lake was formed in the New Madrid earthquake of 1812, when the ground subsided and the Mississippi river flowed backwards for a day or more to fill it in. The tremors were felt as far away as Boston, and one day the fault will slip again, and most likely cause huge damage - indeed the risk of catastrophic Earthquake damage here in Memphis (where very little has proper seismic protection, and the ground will most likely liquefy into the limestone aquifers below) is far greater than the far more well known San Andreas fault in California.

I just been throwing a quick website together.

http://www.paul-braddock.com/

Impressive!!

I like the "back to work" button (because that's what I gotta do now o.O)